But He said, “More than that, blessed are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”
The word of God is the standard for living, designed to guide man in the ways of God, inorder to maintain a functional relationship with his Maker.
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”
See also: Hebrews 4:12, Collosians 3:16, John 6:63
The word of God is to be listened to, and most importantly applied with no addition, substracion, or substitutions.
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
See also: Psalm 119:11;130, Job 23:12.
Benefits of the word of God:
1. The word of God is life [John 6:63]
2. A pathway to righteousness [2 Timothy 3:16-17]
3. The word of God gives direction [Psalm 119:105]
4. A doorway to the blessings of God [Luke 11:28]
5. Liberation of the captives [John 8:31-32].
Moreover, we are encouraged to take full benefits of the word of God, by not just being hearers alone, but doers.
However, in the next commentary, these points will be elucidated.
God bless you, in Jesus name, amen 🙏.