And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.
The book of Mathew 11:12, makes a very compelling statement, which suggests that taking possession of a rightful claim, comes with actionable decisions and steps, even in the Kingdom of God.
Mathew 11:17, paints a more vivid picture to this fact;
and saying: ‘We played the flute for you,And you did not dance;We mourned to you,And you did not lament.’
The book of Mathew 11:16, describes a category of people, who are largely more populated in every generation, who assume that the world 🌎 will respond to them because they are performing one activity or the other, without understanding the importance of spiritual strenght, as a requisite to take delivery of a rightful claim.
It is important to note that there is a continual contention between men who desire to take delivery of the promises of God, and the devil who works hard to deprive them of these promises.
However, only the violent taketh delivery, of what rightfully belongs to them. The violent are men and women who are brutally determined to take possession of what rightfully belongs to them, and have no reservations of bringing down any enemy who attempts to deprive them of the promises of their Father.
How do we take our deliveries from God?
1. We must know who we are in God through Jesus Christ [ Psalm 82:6]
2. We must seek for continuous knowledge and revelation from God [ Hosea 4:6]
3. We must remain with God at all times [Proverbs 3:5-6]
4. We must refuse every attempt to compromise or water down the standard of God’s word in our lives [Genesis 39:9]
5. Our lives must become an embodiment of praise, as we pray without ceasing [ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17]
The Lord bless us, and give us the grace to overcome any challenge that we are currently experiencing in our lives, in Jesus name, amen 🙏.
Commentary by Awe Hilary #TheMessenger