POWER COMMUNION SERVICE – WEDNESDAY, 23RD FEBRUARY 2022
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): MARK 16:15-20
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding the rules that govern successful evangelism
Everyone who will be successful in the journey of evangelism must understand basic rules
These rules/laws will make evangelism/soul-winning second nature or effortless.
RULES OR LAWS OF EVANGELISM:
- Consider everyone you meet unsaved until proven otherwise (Rom. 3:23)
- Never be deceived by looks, appearance or attitude (Ex. 2:19)
You may see someone who is calm and gentle that is a dangerous killer
A person may look it but may not be it and a person may be it but not look it
A person may appear hard and tough outside but is looking for help on the inside, and a person may appear simple and calm on the outside but is very complex on the inside.
Don’t be deceived by looks, be led by the Spirit.
- Everyone you see is going to die one day and possibly end in an uncertain and unpredictable eternity. (Heb. 9:27)
- The person you see today may not be there tomorrow, especially if they are not saved (Jam. 4:13-14).
You cannot guarantee anyone’s life beyond the present moment, if they don’t know God.
- As much as possible, give everyone the chance or opportunity to make their ways right with God as soon as now (2 Cor. 6:2).
Distribute pamphlets and tracts as much as you can; you may not be able to reap the harvest but at least sow the seed
NOTE: It is not in your power to save people but it is in your power to minister to people; discharge your responsibility and leave the rest to God
- Avoid giving the unsaved the opportunity to be confused by the enemy, from making an immediate decision (2 Cor. 4:3-4).
A dead man does not have a choice, you make the choice for him.
- Avoid arguments and debates about the faith where necessary; we are called to declare the Gospel, not debate the Gospel (Titus 3:9).
Look for people who are ready to be saved not people who are ready to argue
- Endeavour to bear fruit that abide; let your focus be fruit that abide (John 15:16).
Don’t give birth to children if you are not ready to take care of them, spiritual children inclusive.
WAYS TO ENSURE THAT FRUIT ABIDE:
8a. Through intercession (Gal. 4:19)
Remember them at the place of prayer and get them established
8b. Through follow-up (Acts 16:4; 15:36)
Follow up visits, calls etc.
Father, thank You for Your Word to us tonight. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the grace to walk in this Light; I receive the grace to walk in the light of evangelism/soul-winning; I receive the grace to touch lives and influence the establishment of the saved, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, thank You for this call to duty; I am available, ready and willing to be involved in this agenda; I receive Your grace and power to run with this replication/multiplication/explosion agenda, in Jesus’ Name
- Tonic of health, preservation and passion for soul-winning
- Ease to minister, get people saved and get people filled with the Holy Ghost is released upon you!
- You shall fulfil your days!
- Arrows of strange disease, sudden disaster and witchcraft attack are retrieved and refired back to hell!
- It is a new day and a new season!
- The same aura, glory and fire that could not allow those people to be wasted in upon you now!