OCTOBER 2021 HOLY GHOST SERVICE – SUNDAY, 10TH OCTOBER 2021
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): JOB 37:23; PSALM 8:1,9
- Understanding the excellence dimension of God
- Understanding what it entails to walk with God unto excellence
We serve the God of absolute excellence – excellent in power, excellent in loving kindness/mercy and excellent in greatness (Job 37:23, Psalm 36:7; Ex. 15:7)
We serve the God of excellence and details (Isa. 12:5)
In creation, everything reflects the excellence of God
We serve a God Who does not understand the language of average; He is a Stranger to mediocrity (Isa. 28:29)
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF THE EXCELLENCE OF GOD
- The creation of man (Luke 12:7)
God put a heart in your chest and that heart has a brain
- The creation of the universe
The universe was created with mathematical precision
It is so precise that we have the speed of light and the speed of sound, and they have not changed since creation
God positioned the moon at an angle to the earth at a fixed distance so that if you fired a rocket
at a specific angle, you can know the day, hour and minute it will land on the moon
- The creation of the animal kingdom
God wired intelligence into the animal kingdom
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF EXCELLENT PEOPLE
- Joseph (Gen. 39:2, 21, Gen 41:39-40)
- Job (Job 1:1-3)
- Queen Esther (Esth. 2:15-17; 4:16)
By virtue of character, composure and quality Esther excelled in a strange land
- King David (1Sam. 16:17-21)
A search was made for the top instrumentalist in the land and that search landed them with David
When a search is made for the top people in your field, what position will you be?
Connection with the Most High equals positioning at the top place
You are not permitted to be connected to God and exist in the low places of life
- Solomon (1Kings 10:4-7,23-24)
When the Queen of Sheba saw the excellence of Solomon, she fainted
Excellence is the answer to prejudice and is a commander of audience
- Daniel (Dan. 1:20-21; 6:1-5)
Excellence brings preference
HOW TO WALK WITH GOD UNTO EXCELLENCE
- Make the decision to be everything God created and wired you to be (Phil. 3:12,14; Jer. 1:5)
Make up your mind not to end anywhere lower than where God wants you to be
You can never excel without your choice and you can never be outstanding in life without your participation
The road you follow determines the place you end
Don’t measure yourself by human estimation, measure yourself by God’s evaluation
You will give account of your privileges, opportunities, platforms and giftings
Many of us are wired with far heavier than we are manifesting
- Realise that it is part of your Christian duty to excel in all that you do (Matt. 5:14-16)
It is part of your Christian duty to shine
The way it is your duty to preach the Gospel to friends and loved ones, to pray, to fast, to worship, to give, in the same way, it is your
duty to represent God to your generation
It is your duty to be the best in all you do so that you bring God glory
God is looking up to you to make people praise Him by being the best
Mediocrity is an insult to Divinity
Excellence is a department of your worship, honour and glory to God
Your identity with Divinity implicated you for quality; it excuses you from mediocrity
It is calamity for humanity to have identity with Divinity in mediocrity
The production of quality is a department of your honour to God
- Realise that excellence is a department of godliness and righteousness (Prov. 12:26; Dan. 6:3-4)
Godliness is God-likeness; excellence equals godliness and mediocrity equals ungodliness
The difference between you and your unbeliever neighbour is that you outperform them when they give you the same task; your level of delivery is higher than them
There is nothing in mediocrity that makes you look like God
Cleanliness is next to godliness and cleanliness is a department of excellence
The way you struggle to be holy, struggle to be excellent
The way you struggle to avoid sin, struggle to avoid being shabby
- Realise that excellence requires discipline and diligence (Phil. 3:14; 1Cor. 9:24-27)
You don’t just walk towards excellence you strive towards it
Nothing works out unless someone works it
- Submit to the Spirit of excellence for assistance unto excellence (Dan. 5:14; 6:3)
When you walk with the Spirit of God you must walk in excellence
If it is for the King of kings, good enough is not enough
If it is for the Most High manageable is not enough
- Determine to follow God’s pattern and standard for all things (John 2:6; Ex. 25:9;40; Num. 8:4; 1Chron. 28:11-12)
God is a God of patterns, procedures and details
Attention to details is the measure crux of excellence; major differences are made in little details
When we follow His pattern, we access His Glory
Quality is a major proof of Godliness
If we bring the name of God insult, it may jeopardise our quality of life on earth and if other things are combined it may jeopardise our eternity with God in Heaven
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the Spirit of excellence now, in Jesus’ Name.
Oil of excellence (Daniel 6:3)
The obituary of mediocrity
- Everything that has tied your life in stagnation, by this oil, they are destroyed!
- The same Anointing that made Daniel, Esther and Joseph to rise upon you is coming upon you
- Even though it tarries wait for it, it shall surely come to pass!
- You will not pass through that terrible situation twice!
- What you are passing through is a process and you are at the end of it; the outcome will be good
- Here is your change of story and your testimony!
- Before this week is out you shall testify!
- That depression cloud is over
- Affliction will not rise a second time, you will not pass through that situation twice!
-The outcome will be good, He will not fail you, He will not let you down!
- A new day, new help, new season is upon you!
- That celebration that the devil said you will not have, you will have it!
- Every expensive problem shall be handled by the power of God!