SEPTEMBER 2021 PRESERVATION AND POWER COMMUNION SERVICE (OIL OF PRESERVATION AND COMMUNION OF ESCAPE) – WEDNESDAY, 1ST SEPTEMBER 2021
ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PROVERBS 19:23
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding the preservation power of the fear of the Lord
The fear of the Lord is a major preservative of life and destiny
People in Scripture who walked by the fear of the Lord lived lives that were preserved and protected by the Lord
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE PRESERVED BY THE FEAR OF THE LORD:
- Abraham (Gen. 12:1-5; 22:1-3,12; 25:7)
Abraham feared the Lord and lived to be 175years old before he died
- Isaac (Gen. 31:42; 35:28)
Isaac feared the Lord and lived to be 180years old before he died
- Joseph (Gen. 42:18)
By the fear if the Lord, Joseph lived to be 110years old
- Job (Job 1:1; 42:16)
By the fear of the Lord, Job lived 140more years after his trials
Those who fear God have no need to fear the devil
Those who fear God have no devil or terror to fear under heaven
WHAT THE FEAR OF THE LORD DOES – SCRIPTURES:
- 2Kings 17:39 – Provided you fear the Lord your God, there is no enemy that will be too strong for you or have enough power to hold your life and destiny
- Isaiah 8:13-14 – If the Lord your God is your fear and your dread, He become a Sanctuary for you and He becomes a trap for those who want to trap you!
If the rain is falling, you are not aware! If people hate you, you are not aware!
- Ps. 22:23-24 – If you fear the Lord, you are not permitted to cry an unheard cry; you are not permitted to give a call that won’t be answered
- Ps. 25:14-15 – When you fear the Lord, no net can keep you.
If the Lord is your fear and your dread, He will become a Sanctuary for you (Isa. 8:13-14)
- Ps. 33:18-20 – You can’t fear God and die anyhow or die carelessly
- Ps. 34:7 – If you fear God, you have an angelic camp around you (Ps. 23:6; Ps. 105:15)
When you fear the Lord, whether you know it or not, you have an angelic encampment around you, and they are there to deliver you!
- Ps. 103:17-18 – Anywhere the fear of God is found, the mercy of God is established and mercy is what delivers you from the anger of the enemy (Ps. 136)
The mercy of God on one person is disaster for the enemy of that person
His mercy is from everlasting to everlasting for those who fear the Lord
- Ps. 115:11 – If you fear the Lord, trust Him and He will be your Help and your Shield
God is the Place you run into when arrows are flying
- Prov. 10:27 – The fear of the Lord prolongs days
10a. Prov. 14:26 – When you fear God there is no need for cowardice; what you have is confidence
10b. Prov. 14:27 – The fear of the Lord is connection to the flow of life and makes you to depart from the snare of death
- Prov. 16:6 – When you fear God, evil cannot attach itself to you
- Prov. 19:23 – When you fear God, evil is not permitted to know your address
PRESERVATION BY THE FEAR OF THE LORD – SCRIPTURES:
(2Kings 17:39; Isaiah 8:13-14; Ps. 22:23-24; Ps. 22:23-24; Ps. 33:18-20; Ps. 34:7; Ps. 103:17-18; Ps. 115:11; Prov. 10:27; Prov. 14:26-27; Prov. 16:6; 19:23)
As the fear of the Lord brings life, the lack of the fear of the Lord brings destruction
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF THOSE DESTROYED BY LACK OF FEAR OF THE LORD:
- Achan, by lying and greed did not just kill himself but killed his generation (Josh. 7:24-26)
- The servant of Saul told a lie that he was the one that killed Saul in battle (2Sam. 1:13-16)
- Gehazi turned into a leper with generational leprosy because of greed, leprosy and lying (2Kings 5:20-27)
You cannot be attracted to Naaman’s prosperity and not attract Naaman’s leprosy
- Judas Iscariot (John 12:5-6; Matt. 27:3-8)
The fear of the Lord prolongs life but absence of the fear of the Lord cuts life short
WHAT IS THE FEAR OF THE LORD?
- The fear of the Lord is the exercise of the conscience to be free of offence towards God and man (Acts 24:16)
- The fear of the Lord is the maintenance of clean hands (Ps. 24:3-6)
These are hands that are free from the shedding of blood
Clean hands are hands that are free from corrupt resources
What God cannot give you, you don’t need, where God cannot take you, you don’t need to go there, what God cannot do for you, let it remain undone.
- The fear of the Lord is the maintenance of a pure heart (Ps. 24:4)
3a. A pure heart is a heart that is free from wickedness
3b. A pure heart is a heart that is free from bitterness
Where the fear of the Lord is absent, that person’s future is not guaranteed
- The fear of the Lord is freedom from haughtiness and vanity (Ps. 24:4; 16:2CEV)
Whenever you look down on people and talk down on people, the fear of God is not there
- The fear of the Lord is freedom from falsehood and deceit (Ps. 24:4)
There are people who are consistently inconsistent
There can be no life where there is no Truth (John 14:6)
Don’t ever feel obligated to talk when others are talking if you don’t have anything to say
If they are not excited at your success, they are not sincere with their sympathy.
Father, thank You for Your Word to us tonight. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I make demands on the fresh baptism of the fear of the Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the baptism of the fear of the Lord; I receive the grace to maintain a conscience void of offence towards God and man, the grace to maintain clean hands, grace not to touch money that is not mine, grace not to shed innocent blood, grace to maintain a pure heart, grace to maintain clean hands, grace to be free from haughtiness, vanity, falsehood and deceit, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive grace to do Your Will, and the mercy of God to fulfil Your purpose, in Jesus’ Name.