“You shall not pervert justice; you shall not show partiality, nor take a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the righteous”.
Today’s Word –
Bribery is fast becoming an acceptable way of life in our societies and the world at large, because of men’s greed and their cravings for wealth.
Implications of Bribery –
1. God is righteous and Just, hence He hates bribery (Exodus 23:8).
2. Bribery is found in the midst of the wicked (Proverbs 17:23).
3. Bribery leads to lies and deceit (Psalm26:10).
4. Bribery leads to pollution and a corruption of the heart (Ecclesiastes 7:7).
5. Bribery perverts Justice (Isaiah 5:23).
Consequence of Bribery –
1. Distance from the presence of God (Deuteronomy 10:17).
2. The wrath of God (Job 15:34).
3. There is no profit in taking bribes (Proverbs 10:2).
4. Bribery troubles a household (Proverbs 15:27).
5. Bribery tears down a country (Proverbs 29:4).
6. Bribery leads to destruction by fire (eternal condemnation) – Job 15:34.
How do we get delivered from the character of Bribery?
1. Obey the word of the Lord >>> you shall take no bribes (Exodus 23:28).
2. Exalt the command of God over the intentions and instructions of men (Acts 8:20-23).
3. Live within your means (Isaiah 1:23).
4. Ask the Lord for your needs (Mathew 7:7).
5. Pray against the root of Bribery in your life (Mathew 15:13).
May the Lord bless His word, in Jesus name, amen 🙏.
The Messenger Blog Publication 2021