ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PSALM 1:1-3
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understudying character traits that destroy destiny
There is a strong connection between character and destiny
People of strong character are people of strong destinies
The strength of character determines the strength of destiny; how you behave determines what you become
You are not doing anything about your future until you are doing something about your character
CHARACTER TRAITS TO AVOID IN ORDER TO FULFIL DIVINE DESTINY:
- Pride (Prov. 11:2; 16:18-19; 29:23; 1John 2:15-16; Isa. 28:1)
There is an easy way to know when a person is about to crash – it is when pride is noticed
Every influence that brings a man into pride will bring him into a curse
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE RUINED BY PRIDE:
- Lucifer (Isa. 14:12-15; Ezek. 28:12-15; Luke 10:18)
- Pride was responsible for the crash of King Nebuchadnezzar (Dan. 4:29-34,37)
Nothing aborts destiny like pride; Pride is an abortifacient
- Pride was responsible for the dethronement and crash of the Queen Vashti (Esth. 1:10-12, 16-20)
Pride is a cause of losses in life
Life is never profitable where pride is allowed
Pride will cost you opportunity, authority and prosperity
- Pride was responsible for the death of King Herod (Acts 12:21-23)
- Pride was at the root of the fall of man in the Garden of Eden (Gen. 3:4-7)
The way of pride is the way of nakedness, vulnerability, shame and reproach
The one who is proud today will be ashamed tomorrow
- Pride was at the root of the disaster of Moses (Num. 20:10-12; Deut. 3:23-26)
Pride can lead not only to a crash but can be the foundation for death itself
WHAT IS PRIDE ALL ABOUT?
- Pride is the exaggerated estimation of one’s importance
- Pride is esteeming one’s self with superiority and others with inferiority
Pride looks down and talks down on others
- Pride is the worship of self – it is living a life that is practically centred on self
- Pride is existence with an inflated ego
A proud person is essentially full of himself and empty of God
- Pride is an exaggerated sense of self love
Pride is an exaggerated sense of self love, adoration, and adulation
- Pride is existence with disdain, disregard and disrespect towards others
WHAT DOES PRIDE LEAD TO?
- Pride goes before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction (Prov. 16:18; 18:12; 29:23)
- Pride disconnects man from the Presence of God (Isa. 14:12-15; Prov. 6:16-17; Ps. 138:6; John 3:30)
If God is absent from your life, what can you achieve?
Pride disconnects you from God’s Presence that guarantees your future
- Pride deprives people of grace (Jam. 4:6; 1Pet. 5:5)
- Pride will cost people eternity with God in Heaven (Isa. 14:12-15)
If Lucifer couldn’t remain in Heaven because of pride, who can enter Heaven with pride?
WHAT IS THE THERAPY/TREATMENT OF PRIDE?
- The revelation and realization of our nothingness without God (John 15:5; 5:30; 2Cor. 3:5-7; 1Cor. 4:7)
Our ability equals nothing without Divine enablement
Anything you can take the credit for, the credit goes to God
- The revelation of God’s glory through intimacy (Isa. 6:1-5; Rev. 1:13-17)
Anytime we see His Almightiness, we will also see our nothingness.
Camp around God; run away from those who will inflate your head with praise
Camp with God and you kill your pride
When you see His Powerfulness you will see your powerlessness
The more of God we see, the less of self we manifest
Don’t hang around people who give you a bloated head
- The revelation and realization of who and what you were before God helped you (1Cor. 15:9-10; Eph. 3:8; 1Chron. 29:10-16; Luke 5:8; Rom. 9:16)
The easiest way to reach where you are going is to remember where you are coming from
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I give You the praise, honour and adoration this morning. I have come before You to drop every pride that is a limitation to my destiny. I ask for mercy and forgiveness for where I have erred, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, deliver me from pride, arrogance and anything else that will cost me Your Presence, in Jesus’ Name.
- The grace you need for your next level!
- After today, things will change in your life, but don’t forget the covenant; that is what will sustain the flow
- Every siege of scarcity, poverty and empty-handedness is broken forever!
- Every document and material point of contact lifted, the anointing of God at work in this House is released upon it to give you a testimony
- It is a new day; Receive new help and new mercy in Jesus’ Name!
- Every embargo placed on your life is lifted right now!
- May God draw you closer to Himself!