Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
As a minister of the gospel, you must understand that your association will surely determine your destination. Show me your friend and I can comfortably and accurately predict your end.
If you must do well in ministry, you must choose your company wisely because the company you keep determines what accompanies you.
Dear Pastor, if you must do well, don’t associate with the following people:
- SOMEONE THAT HELPS AND ENCOURAGES YOU TO LIVE IN SIN
- Run away from anyone that will not help you live a godly and holy life because godliness is profitable unto all things.
- Sin will definitely sink your ministry.
- Boldly stop relating with your sin partners and look for accountability partners.
- SOMEONE THAT EXPOSES YOUR MISTAKES AND MISDEEDS TO THE WORLD
- As much as you don’t need someone that will encourage you to live in sin, you don’t also need a gossip, tale bearer and blackmailer around you.
- The cardinal rule of relationship in ministry is,”tell it not in Gath and publish it not in the streets of Ashkelon”.
- SOMEONE THAT IS NOT GROWING INTELLECTUALLY
- Someone that is not growing intellectually will end up being a lid or ceiling on your growth if you walk together.
- SOMEONE THAT IS BITTER AND ENVIOUS OF YOUR PROGRESS AND SUCCESS
- Don’t associate with anyone that is not happy about your progress and success.
- An unhappy friend is a potential assassin.
- SOMEONE THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO REBELS IN YOUR MINISTRY
- Be wary of your friends that are very close to rebels in your ministry.
- If someone is your best friend, how come all the rebels that leave you go to his ministry or submit to him after leaving you? Something definitely is fishy.
- SOMEONE WITHOUT INTEGRITY AND VALUES
- A minister without integrity is a disaster waiting to happen.
- If you closely associate with someone without integrity, you will spoil your name and a good name is better than precious ointment.
- SOMEONE THAT IS SELFISH, SELF CENTRED, SELF ABSORBED AND SELF CONCEITED
- Don’t sacrifice for someone that cannot and will not sacrifice for you in ministry.
- Relationship in ministry is give and take.
- It is dangerous to hang around someone that thinks that the world revolves only around him.
- SOMEONE THAT IS NOT HEAVEN CONSCIOUS
- It is surprising to know that a vast majority of ministers in ministry are no longer Heaven conscious and minded and by their fruits, you shall know them.
- The consciousness and mindedness of Heaven puts checks and balances in people’s lives.
- SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HONOUR
- Honour is a cardinal law in life and ministry.
- We must honour God; honour fathers and mothers; honour our spouses, etc.
- Someone that does not subscribe to the law of honour gets offended when he sees another person honouring people.
- SOMEONE THAT IS NOT FOCUSED
- Ministry demands focus at its highest level.
- Diligence and focus are the master keys to greatness in ministry.
- Distraction is attraction in the wrong direction.
By the law of osmosis, diffusion and active transport, you will surely attract and manifest an attribute or attitude from your closest companion. As it is written, he that walks with wise men shall be wise.
Therefore, be careful about who you walk with in ministry.