1 Kings 19:11
“Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake”.
Elijah’s encounter with God in the book of 1 Kings 19:11-12, gives us very deep and practical lessons necessary to guide us in our walk with God, and they are;
1. Our relationship with God offers us the privilege to be trained by God (Psalm 71:17):
Obedience to God births relationship, and relationship with God offers the obedient unrestricted access to the ways and workings of God.
2. The Word of God is the foundation for the operations of God (John 1:1):
Sights may be deceptive, but the Word of God is sure. The evidence of God in any occurrence in life is revealed by the presence of the Word of God. You may see the manifestation of a fire or a heavy eruption like an earthquake in a “spiritual ” meeting or the life of an individual, that is not an absolute evidence of the presence of God. The presence of God is revealed by His Word.
3. Sights may entertain but the Word of God is for instruction (2 Timothy 3:16):
Sons and daughters of God are people who are committed to the receipt and obedience to the instructions of their Maker. They are not men and women given to entertainment, but adherence to God’s instructions. God is committed to take you to the next level of assignment, if you are committed to listening and obeying His voice.
To every action or occurrence, there is always a voice at the background, and our ability to discern this voice is determined by our stand with God.
1. Father take away anything that separates me from You, in Jesus name, amen 🙏.
2. Father let Your word be the foundation for all my operations in Jesus name, amen 🙏.
3. Father give me the consciousness to listen to Your voice at all times, and not to be carried away by the euphoria of the things I see, in Jesus name, amen 🙏.
No man cometh unto the Father, except through Jesus Christ. Give your life to Jesus Christ and be saved (John 14:6)