Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.
Today’s Word –
A door can function as either a barrier or a way of entrance depending on its orientation. The door operates as either a physical or spiritual entity which gives access or restricts it (Rev. 4:1, Acts 14:27, Mathew 25:10, Rev 3:7).
Is there a door in your life acting as a barrier between yourself and God? Do you hear Him at the other side of the door calling and reaching out to you?
Why is God at the door?
1. He wants you to know that He is real – Many claim that there is no God, but in the real sense such people are unable to discern His voice (John 10:27, John 8:47).
2. He wants you to know that He loves you – The evidence of God’s love is reflected in the sacrifice that Jesus Christ paid on the Cross of Calvary for you and I (John 3:16). We were not the first to love God, but He loved us while we were yet sinners (Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:10).
3. He wants to have a relationship with you – It is the greatest desire of God for all men to be reconciled back to Him, hence He did not spare His only begotten son, that you may be saved (2 Cor. 5:18, Romans 8:32). The implication of this relationship is to reveal to you who you really are, that you may live a life of purpose according to His will (Ephesians 2:10, Romans 8:28).
4. He wants you to Abide –
God does not want a one time encounter with you, but He wants you to be rooted in Him, and Him in you (John 15:4), that you may reflect the fulness of God in life and destiny (1 John 2:6; 15-7).
How can we discern the voice of God at the door?
1. Discover the barrier –
God speaks to us everytime in different ways, but often times the barriers we set up in our lives, makes it difficult for us to listen and discern the voice of God. It is however important for you to take a closer and careful look at your life inorder to detect these barriers and remove them (Isaiah 59:2).
2. Remove the barrier –
As long as the barriers are intact, there would always be a separation between you and God, hence it is important for you to take away anyform of barrier that impedes the flow of God into your life, and your stay power in God (John 15:4).
3. Pay attention to the voice of God –
Barriers are not detected, neither are they removed, except via the revelation of the word of God. The voice of God is the word of God, and it is richly contained in the Holy Bible. The entrance of the word of God brings light (revelation, enlightenment) and understanding (Psalm 119:130) required for an individual to discern truths that reveal errors in our lives, in a bit to correct them (2 Timothy 3:16).
1. Make the word of God your priority in your daily living.
2. Repent from every known sin which could act as a barrier.
3. Dine with God daily by providing a conducive environment to host His presence.
NOTICE: It is important for you to give your life to Jesus Christ, because the time is at hand for His second coming, for no man will enter the kingdom of God without Him (John 14:6).