ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PSALM 122:1; PSALM 133:1-3
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding the impact and the importof the House of the LORD in the lives of the Saints
The House of the Lord means different things to different people
VARIOUS REASONS WHY PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH:
- There are people that go to Church for religious purposes
- There are people that go to Church to please others
- There are people that go to Church for traditional purposes
- There are people that go to Church for socialization purposes
They go to make friends or to do business
- There are people that go to Church to keep up with a routine
- There are people that go to Church for crisis management
There are very few people who understand the import and the impact of going to the
WHY IS UNDERSTANDING IMPORTANT?
- Understanding is critical for success in any endeavour; success in serving God is anchored in understanding
- Understanding is critical to the operation of faith; faith operates on the platform of understanding (Acts 8:31,37)
When you understand that there is something that happens to those who come to church, then your faith explodes
The deeper your understanding the stronger your faith in everything
- Understanding puts people in command (1Chron. 12:32; Dan. 11:33)
Basically, the House of the Lord is a major turning point in
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF PEOPLE THAT BENEFITTED FROM THE HOUSE OF THE LORD:
- Jacob (Gen. 28:16-19)
- The woman that was bent double (Luke13:11-13)
- Moses experienced the call of God at the mountain of the Lord (Ex. 3:1-5; Isa. 2:2-3)
The House of the LORD is the place for the turnaround of many (Matt. 21:14)
- Isaiah experienced his call when he saw the vision in the temple (Isa. 6:1-7)
- The man that was lame from his mother’s womb received his liberty from the temple gate (Acts 3:1-5)
The House of the LORD is the place for the turnaround of many (Matt. 21:14)
THE IMPACT AND IMPORT OF THE HOUSE OF THE LORD:
- The House of the LORD is the place of the Anointing (Ps. 133:1-3, Isa. 10:27)
- The House of the LORD is the place of refreshing and rejuvenation (Ps. 133:3)
The House of the LORD is a place where people are liberated from dryness and dullness
- The House of the LORD is the place of the commanded Blessing (Ps. 133:3)
The Commanded Blessing is the Blessing that comes to confront the forces of curses (John 1:5)
- The House of the LORD is the place of access to Divine life (Ps. 133:3)
The easiest way to die spiritually is to stay away from the House of the LORD
- The House of the LORD is the place of Divine visitation and encounter (Ex. 3:1-5; Gen. 28:12-17)
Whenever you stay away from the House of the Lord, you are staying away from the possibility of Divine encounter.
- The House of the LORD is the place of access to supernatural and spiritual strength (Ps. 84:7; Isa. 40:31)
The House of the Lord is the place to attack weariness, tiredness and weakness of life
The House of the Lord is the place to guarantee victory (Prov. 24:10)
- The House of the LORD is the place of access to the ways of God (Ps. 77:13; 73:17; 103:7; Dan. 11:32b)
Every time you know His ways, you command His acts (Ps. 103:7)
When you know the ways of God you become a person of exploits and not a person to
be exploited by the devil (Dan. 11:32b)
You can read the Bible on your own but there are accredited interpreters of the Word that God has placed a mantle on to interpret the truth (pastors).
- The House of the LORD is the place of healing, deliverance and breakthrough. (Luke 13:10-11; Matt. 21:14; Obad. 1:17)
Don’t stay away from the House – don’t stay away from your healing and deliverance.
Don’t stop coming to church because you don’t know the day that is your day.
If your harassment and embarrassment in life does not stop your commitment to God, your commitment to God will stop your embarrassment and harassment in life.
If your frustration does not stop your devotion then your devotion must definitely stop you frustration.
The devil will not see your sweat and tears, you are the one to see the tears of the devil.
- The House of the LORD is the place of angelic and celestial traffic (Gen. 28:12, 17; Luke 1:7, 11)
It is the place where angels are on assignment
Angels ascend with requests and descend with results
Angels ascend with praise and descend with proofs
Angels ascend with your prayer and descend with your products
Angels are many; there are deliverance, revelation, and supplies angels
- The House of the LORD is the place of answered prayer (1Sam. 1:11; Matt. 21:14; Luke 1:12-13; Acts 3:1; 1Kings 8:28-30; Dan. 6:10)
- The House of the LORD is the place of spiritual realignment (Heb. 10:25-26; Acts 4:23)
You are kept on track spiritually when you fellowship with the brethren
Anyone who stays away from church will soon sin willfully
It is easy to be lost to distraction and to the battles of life when you stay away from church
- The House of the LORD is the place of joy and gladness (Ps. 22:3; 16:11)
The Presence of God is an antidepressant therapy; it is a cure for hopelessness, discouragement and despair
Church is therapeutic
HOW TO MAXIMIZE THE DIVIDENDS IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD:
- Come with excitement and expectancy (Ps. 122:1; 100:4; 12:3)
- Come with revelation and understanding (Deut. 29:29; Dan. 11:33a)
What changes your story is not just the action but the revelation behind the action
Understanding makes everything outstanding
- Come eagerly and promptly (Ps. 63:1-2; Prov. 8:17)
It is when you seek God eagerly and promptly that you connect with the power of the LORD
Anything that is serious in life requires serious discipline
Don’t drag your feet to the House of the Lord; don’t keep God waiting.
If we can give honour to earthly kings, how much more to the King of kings?
The House of your Lover is never far; you don’t keep an important guest waiting.
- Come with commitment to service in the House (Luke 1:7-11; 4:38-39)
HOW TO SERVE IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD:
4a. Serve through soul winning (John 15:16)
4b. Serve through giving (Ps. 22:30)
4c. Serve with your time, energy and ability (Ex. 23:25; Job 36:11)
Anyone too big to serve in the House of the Lord is too small to be helped of God
Serving in the House of the Lord is the secret of accessing the dividends/benefits of the House
The most important thing in church is not where you sit in church but how you serve
When you step into the House of the Lord, serve!
Your input in the House will determine your outcome in the house
- Walk in love with the brethren (Ps. 133:1; Acts 2:1; 1 John 4:8, 20; Phil. 2:1-2)
Your sitting situation does not change anything but your heart disposition
Just face God and love everybody and He will change your story
Christianity is practical and not mystical and until we approach it practically we do not get the results.
You can never benefit anything in the House of the Lord if you don’t walk in the culture of the Owner of the House and God’s culture is love (1John 4:8)
Stop using the same mind you are meant to use to make progress to make enemies; what are you making – progress or enemies?
- Come with value and reverence (Ps. 89:7)
Don’t come into the House of the Lord naked or with a seductive, destructive apparel.
Silence your phone in church so that the phone does not silence your destiny!
What you cannot do in the presence of the president of your country, don’t dream of it in the presence of the Governor-General of the universe.
When your value for God and His House increases, your value in the House will also increase.
Father, I am sorry for approaching Your House carelessly in times past. Help me Lord to approach this House with a higher level of reverence and understanding, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the grace to value Your House and to reverence You for walking in love with the brethren, value for Jehovah, I receive the grace in Jesus’ Name.
Father, today, every benefit that is available for me in the House, I receive it now, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I receive the grace to do Your will and fulfil Your purpose in Jesus’ Name.