Mathew 27 :51.
At that moment, the curtain of the Temple was torn in two from THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM, and the Earth shook, the rocks split.
In the matters of the Temple, the change must begin from the Top to the Bottom, and not from the Bottom to the Top. We are always trying to change our Members as Pastors, forgetting that members are always doing the things they see us do as their Pastor. Infact, the Pastor needs more training than the members. If the change doesn’t start from the top, it won’t produce at the bottom.
Stop getting angry with members who are doing just exactly what you are doing.
Until a Pastor can say ‘FOLLOW ME AND YOU WON’T MISS GOD’, he is not qualified to be a PASTOR.
From the above scripture, when the change takes place from the top to the bottom, then the earth will shake in heavy revival and our Rock-like problems within our Churches will break into pieces.
So emphasis must be placed on those at the top of the ladder and not at the bottom of the ladder.
7 AREAS WE GET ANGRY WITH MEMBERS THAT WE THE PASTORS ARE MORE GUILTY OF, THAN THEM:
1. YOU ASK MEMBERS TO PAY TITHE BUT YOU DON’T PAY TITHE YOURSELF.
You think they don’t Know you don’t pay. You are the High Priest of the Church. You receive from all, and give to no one.
2. YOU TELL MEMBERS TO BE PROUD BEFORE EVERYONE THAT YOU ARE THEIR SPIRITUAL FATHER YET YOU HAVE NEVER CALLED ANYONE YOUR SPIRITUAL FATHER BEFORE YOUR MEMBERS:
Can you be their Spiritual Father and no one knows your own Spiritual Father?
Keep deceiving yourself.
MEMBERS MUST BEHAVE LIKE YOU.
3. YOUR MEMBERS MUST GIVE TO YOU, YET YOU GIVE TO NO ONE:
If you are their Prophet that recieves their Prophet Offerings, who receives your own Prophet Offering?
Are you consistent in giving to your Father? Yet you want members to be consistent in giving to you.
4. MEMBERS MUST NOT COME TO CHURCH LATE, YET THEY WATCH YOU COME LATE EVERY WEEK:
Never put a law you cannot keep.
If you and your wife are above the law, it won’t work, because
Like Shepherd like Sheep,
Like Priest like People,
Like Leaders, like Followers.
5. MEMBERS MUST BE LOYAL AND FAITHFUL TO YOU, YET YOU ARE NOT LOYAL AND FAITHFUL TO ANY LEADER:
Loyalty is a Seed. When you sow it , you will reap it.
They see how you follow to know how to follow also.
6. MEMBERS MUST NOT SERVE YOU AND EXPECT PAYMENT, YET YOU HAVE NEVER PREACHED FOR ANY CHURCH WITHOUT PAYMENT:
Some times you stay there and tell them to increase your offering, otherwise you won’t leave the hotel room. This is why members ask for money for every service they render to you also. Honour is better than honouorarium.
7. MEMBERS MUST WORK IN LOVE WITH OTHER MEMBERS, YET WE THE PASTORS ARE KNOWN FOR HATRED, BETRAYALS AND EVIL SPEAKING AGAINST EACH OTHER.
There is hardly no Pastor on Earth who does not have a Pastor he is not talking with. Anytime you hear a Pastor go through a Storm, if you check it very well, a fellow Pastor stirred it against him.
The wickedness amongst Pastors is something else.
The enemy of a Pastor is a Pastor. In this perticular one, our members are far better than us.
Let us repent as Pastors.
Pastors no longer sit down to do Bible study.
Anytime they sit, it is to plot a PASTOR that is not in their “camp”.
Cultist wearing Pastor’s Collar. Anytime you see tears in one Pastor’s eyes, check the hand of another Pastor, you will see the teargas that is making the Pastor shed tears.
Thanks for reading.
Bishop Answer’s Assembly Warri Delta State.