Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst.
In the previous episode of How to March in the Month of March (pt 3), we emphasized the need to rely on the leading of God, because God can never be wrong. Moreover, our reliance on God to lead us, not just in the month of March, but in life comes by our submission to His will, and our acknowledgment of Him in all we do (Proverbs 3:5-6, James 4:7)
HOW TO MARCH IN THE MONTH OF MARCH?
4. Be a carrier and defender of God’s Covenant
To walk with God is to be a carrier and defender of His covenant. This is to say that whatever does not conform or align to God’s covenant should be ignored recklessly. Many are making convenants daily with the people of the world by neglecting God’s standards and accepting that of the world. This has become a snare to many, as they have become entangled in practices that deny them their freedom in Christ, and the benefits associated with walking with God.
If the world adopts stealing as a way to create wealth, and you as a believer adopts same strategy, have you not made a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to serve mammon? Or if telling lies will make you politically correct, and you choose to adopt that strategy, have you not made a covenant with the devil, who is the father of lies, and leads the people of the world?
It is however important to note that marching in the month of March, entails being a carrier and a defender of God’s covenant.
How do we become a carrier and defender of God’s Convenant?
1. Accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and personal saviour (John 3:16, John 14:6).
2. Open declaration for Jesus Christ and what He stands for (1 Peter 2:9, 2 Timothy 1:7).
3. Guarding the words of God jealously in our lives and environment (Romans 12:2, Collosians 3:1).
4. Refusal to compromise the standards of God in every sphere of life (John 14:15, 1 John 3:4).
1. Let it be known that you are for God.
2. Ensure that God’s covenant are adhered to wherever we find ourselves.
3. Correct with love those who violate God’s covenant around you.