Initially when I bought the book titled, How Successful People Think by John .C. Maxwell, I thought it was going to be an easy read, because it was just 127 pages, and the size of the book was quite small.
However, when I started reading, I found out that there were alot of information compressed into this book, making it practically impossible to skip a line, that is if you are willing to benefit from the rich content of this book.
The author emphasizes on the need to change our lives through our thoughts. This entails training ourselves in the discipline of thinking, by harnessing our good thoughts into practical realities.
EIGHT OUTSTANDING LESSONS FROM THE BOOK.
1. Real estate investments can go sour. But a human mind with the ability to think well is like a diamond mine that never runs out. Its priceless.
2. No one achieves greatness by becoming a generalist. You dont hone a skill by diluting your attention to its development. The only way to get to the next level is to focus.
3. If you want to achieve great things, you need to have a great dream. If you are not sure of your dream, use your focussed thinking time to help you discover it.
4. The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a creative mind to spot wrong questions. Wrong questions shut down the process of creative thinking.
5. The most effective way to help yourself get out of the box is to expose yourself to new paradigms.
6. People who rely on hope for their success rarely make change a high priority. If you have only hope, you imply that achievement and success are out of your hands.
7. People with an “it can be done” mindset have two choices. They can expect the worst and continually experience it; or they can change their thinking.
8. Most people want their lives to keep improving, yet they value peace and stability at thesame time. People often forget that you can’t improve and still stay thesame. Growth means change. Change requires challenging the status quo.