“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
The world is filled with quite a large number of people who are capable of creating events that generate offence in the life of other individuals. The experiences are usually painful to the heart, which produces similar effects of a physical injury. Consequently, many have lived their lives with these painful experiences, vowing never to let go, until they are justified. The flesh yearns for justification, but the spirit cries out for freedom of being jailed through unforgiveness.
The spirit of unforgiveness has ruined many lives, families, communities and even countries. It is one of the leading causes of the indescriminate destruction of lives and properties being experienced on a daily basis all over the world, because the flesh yearns for justification.
What are the effects of unforgiveness?
1. It does not portray you as a son or daughter of God (Mathew 5:44-45).
2. It is an evidence that you have no knowledge of the workings of God (Mathew 5:45).
3. It’s an act of disobedience (Mathew 5:48).
4. It is an act of ingratitude to God for His undying love (Ephesians 4:32).
5. When we fail to forgive, God will not forgive us (Mathew 6:15).
HOW DO YOU FORGIVE?
1. Withholding nothing of the similitude of offence. In order words, letting go of every wrong doing (Ephesians 4:32).
2. Showering blessings on those who curse you. If you harbour unforgiveness in your heart, this will be a difficult task (Mathew 5:44).
3. Do not withhold any act of kindness from those who offend you (Luke 6:27).
4. Pray for those who offend you (Mathew 5:44).
HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD WE FORGIVE THOSE THAT OFFEND US?
Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
1. Always recognize the love of God for us at all times.
2. Resist and rebuke every attempt to become a host of offence and hatred.
3. Take a decision to live a life that exemplifies love.
4. Take a decision to heal the world from its hatred, by becoming an ambassador of love.
God bless you.