ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PHILIPPIANS 4:1; 2 THESSALONIANS 2:15
SERVICE OBJECTIVE: Understanding what it takes to hold up our dedication to God
The need to uphold one’s dedication to God is very critical for many reasons
WHY WE MUST UPHOLD OUR DEDICATION TO GOD:
1. In the spiritual realm, it is possible to go off without knowing (2Cor. 13:5; 1Cor. 10:12; Judg. 16:20)
2. The last days are days of the confrontation of the dedication of God’s people (2Tim. 3:1-5; Matt. 24:12)
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. To uphold your dedication to God, you must be deliberate and decisive because nobody stands by chance.
2. To stand and remain standing, choices must be made and actions must be in place.
CHOICES THAT MUST BE MADE AND ACTIONS THAT MUST BE IN PLACE TO UPHOLD DEDICATION:
1. Unceasing prayer in the Spirit (Eph. 6:18; 1Thess. 5:17; 1Cor. 14:18; Matt. 3:11; Luke 3:16; Rom. 5:5; 2Tim. 1:7; 1John 2:20; John 16:7-8)
Praying in the Spirit is a platform for watching over your soul
1a. The Holy Spirit is the vehicle for spiritual fire (Matt. 3:11; Luke 3:16)
You cannot be vibrant in the Spirit and be lukewarm in the flesh
1b. The Holy Spirit irrigates the heart of man with the love of God (Rom. 5:5; 2Tim. 1:7)
1c. The Holy Spirit makes man uncomfortable with wrong actions and attitudes (1John 2:20; John 16:7-8)
2. Consistent consecrational fast (2Cor. 6:5; 11:27; Phil. 3:10; Ps. 63:1-2; 1Cor. 10:12; Isa. 58:6, 8; Acts 13:2)
2a. Fasting intensifies, amplifies and accentuates spiritual passion and hunger (Ps. 63:1-2)
Every time the flesh is longing, the soul will be thirsty (Ps. 63:1)
The fasted life keeps a man in a spiritually hungry mode
2b. Fasting facilitates spiritual watchfulness and sensitivity (1Cor. 10:12; Isa. 58:6, 8; Acts 13:2)
You are assisted to know and do what is right by the agency of the fast
3. Keeping the company of the dedicated and passionate (Prov. 27:17; Acts 4:13; 14:20; Eccl. 4:9-10)
Iron does not sharpen wood, iron only sharpens iron. When iron is made to sharpen wood, the two of them lose.
3a. Company facilitates mutual influence and impartation (Prov. 13:20)
No association leaves you neutral
3b. The right company shields one’s life from enemy attacks that could lead to a crash (Acts 4:23; 14:20; Eccl. 4:9-10)
The right friends will pray you out of the hands of the devil
Upholding your dedication to God is a choice that must be made and must be backed up with corresponding actions; until the choice is made, life is left at the mercy of the negative forces of the earth.
Be the right person and very soon you will attract the right people.
Life is a seed, what you sow in time, you reap in time and in eternity (Prov. 18:24)
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory Lord in Jesus’ Name!
Father, I receive the grace to put this Word into practice; I receive the grace to pray in the Spirit, the grace for a disciplined fasting life and the grace to attract the right company, in Jesus’ Name.
Communion of dedication – fresh grace for continuous, established and outstanding dedication
– God is about to encounter you and change something
– Your freedom has just been confirmed
– That door that was closed against you, by Sunday you will return to confirm that that door has been opened!
– Everything that comes upon you in the night and torments you is arrested now!
– Between now and this Sunday it will be clear that God has brought you out of a prison/pit!
– Every demon afflicting your family and your lineage, its yoke is broken now!
– Whatever has been locked and closed against you is opened now! By Sunday you shall return with your testimony!
– Overnight tonight encounters shall continue that shall open you up to your destiny and give you what belongs to you!