Jesus said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”
The life of a believer is one which starts with love, and ends with love. It’s a full and total package. The lifestyle of Love originated from God, and was passed down to man by God (1 John 4:7), and this sums up his total responsibility on the earth (Mathew 22:37-39). In emphasizing this lifestyle, Jesus Christ summed up the commandments of God into two parts, which are;
1. Love your God with the entirety of your being.
2. Love your neighbour, as you would love yourself.
WHAT THEN IS LOVE?
1. Love is an act of obedience to God (John 14:15).
2. Love is service to God and humanity (Mathew 6:24, 1 Peter 4:10).
3. Love is refraining from evil, and its perpetrators (Romans 12:9, 1 Corinthians 13:6).
4. Love is taking responsibility for the resources God places in our hands, and our ability in making positive impact with it (1 Peter 4:10-11, John 17:4)
THINGS TO NOTE ABOUT LOVE
1. Love is not a feeling, but a responsibility (John 3:16).
2. Love does not violate the commandments of God. It is not sinful, but an appellation of the truth (John 14:15, 1 John 2:4).
3. Love is not seasonal, but an everyday lifestyle (Mathew 22:37-39).
4. Our knowledge of God is judged by our practice of love (1 John 4:8).
5. Love is more durable than prophecies and speaking in tongues (1 Corinthians 13:8).
1. Our lives must reflect God’s love at all times.
2. We must resist and rebuke every attempt to live a life defined by hatred.
God bless you.