“But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.”
Have you fed your flesh today? If the answer is yes, what about your spirit? Many atimes, we get more concerned about feeding the flesh to the detriment of our spirits, because we do not understand the composition of our nature.
Man is a spirit being clothed with a fleshly body, hence the requirements of his sustainance is more spiritual than physical. The nature and composition of a thing, determines the requirements of its sustainance and survival. The plants cannot live without the soil, neither can the fish survive without water, so also does man need the word of God for effective living.
It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. Man is a spirit being (James 2:26).
2. He needs to feed daily on spiritual food for meaningful existence (Mathew 4:4).
3. The flesh has no profit both to God and man. It’s pure dirt, and belongs to the ground (John 6:63).
4. A man who truely lives, is the man who is dominated by the spirit and not the flesh (Romans 8:14).
1. We must understand our nature as spirit beings.
2. We must give priority to the spirit, by feeding daily on the word of God, because it is spirit and life.