“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.”
The day has begun, and I know most of us are already out of bed, heading to different locations, with the aim of performing our legitimate obligations. Have you noticed how we meticulously prepare for our worldly obligations with our time allocation? But at thesame time, we do not give much time in preparation for the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We give preference to our Jobs, our clothes, hair styles, cars, and all the world has to offer, while neglecting the weightier matters of the Kingdom of God. It is however important to note that, everything the world has to offer you, will pass away some day. This is a reality that draws nearer as the day goes by.
The Holy Bible admonishes us to WATCH, which is translated as being in a state of PREPAREDNESS in anticipation for the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is a clarion call to every living soul, because our state of preparedness will determine if we are granted entry or rejected by the Bridegroom (Jesus Christ), when the said time comes.
HOW DO WE WATCH?
1. Absolute surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ (John 3:16, John 14:6).
2. Taking residence in the presence of God at all times (Psalm 139:7, Exodus 33:14).
3. Abstinence from all forms of evil (Psalm 1:1, 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
4. Keep the Lamp burning, by actively engaging in activities of the Kingdom of God (Romans 12:11, Leviticus 6:13).
5. Protect your garment from every stain, by making use of the blood of Jesus Christ, for purification and sanctification (Zechariah 3:4, Ecclesiastes 9:8).
1. We must live our lives in preparedness for the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. We must watch (a state of preparedness), by encouraging people around us to be watchful ( to be Prepared).
God bless you.