Today by the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I am beginning this teaching series.
I have seen many believers whose faith became shaken and some others who lost their faith completely because they had a wrong understanding of the reward system God has put in place.
A lack of Scripture based understanding of God’s reward system leads to distorted expectations which if not met can cause us to become offended in God.
We can see clearly from scriptures that God has a reward system in place. Let’s look at a few of them as we establish this fact as a foundation on which we will lay other blocks of knowledge in this teaching series.
5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a REWARDER of them that diligently seek him.
7. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man SOWETH, that shall he also REAP.
8. For he that SOWETH to his flesh shall of the flesh REAP corruption; but he that SOWETH to the Spirit shall of the Spirit REAP life everlasting.
9. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall REAP, if we faint not.
58. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your LABOUR IS NOT IN VAIN IN THE LORD.
8:22 While the earth remaineth, SEEDTIME and HARVEST, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night SHALL NOT CEASE.
Revelation 22: 12-11
11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my REWARD is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
These are just a few scriptures that give us very clear and direct exhortations that God has set in place a system of reward based on our choices, decisions and works.
Any man can expect a harvest from the seeds sown if certain conditions are met and followed because God has set in place a reward system which is not only experienced in spiritual things but in earthly things.
It is important that we mention at this point that the harvest is not always good because it is in direct correlation with the seed that we sowed which can either be good or bad.
So we must be careful when we pray for a harvest of all our seeds because if we have been sowing bad seeds we have set ourselves on course to reap a bad harvest.
In the next module, we shall look at the reward system God has put in place with respect to earthly or natural things.