Be strong and of good courage, for to this people you shall divide as an inheritance the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.
In the last episode of Today’s Word, we established that our obedience to God’s leading, is tied to the evidence of our absolute trust and submission to His Word. God has designed a future for us, but we need to trust Him, as He takes us through the path that leads to a beautiful destination.
In this episode, we will be talking about another outstanding quality that produces determination in our walk with God. A determined man or woman, is one willing to go the whole length with God, and such a person requires;
2. Strenght and good courage:
Strength and good courage, are two necessary requirements that a person must possess, if he/she is willing to see and experience the provisions of God. One of the greatest problems of today, is not because God has not promised, or because He has not made provisions, but because people are not ready to take action, by moving or stepping into His provisions. God says “Come my son/daughter, let Me show you what I have prepared for you”, and we have people saying to God, “Sir, there are giants in the land, there is a red sea before us, or the location is too far, I dont think I can make it”.
Joshua, who was Moses’ assistant, was faced with a great assignment of leading a great Nation (Israel) into their promised land, after the death of his supervising officer (Moses). However, because of the nature of his new role, God specifically told him to be strong and be of good courage. These two words had a great role and implication, which would determine, if the children of Israel would come into the promise of God or not. It is however important for us to understand the meaning of being strong, and having good courage;
To be strong – Ruggedity, Resistance, Tenacity, not backing down.
Good courage – actually means above average courage, which represents bravery, to dare, strength in the face of danger and opposition, the hunger for victory.
HOW CAN WE EXERCISE STRENGTH AND GOOD COURAGE?
1. We must be ready to listen to God’s Instructions (Joshua 1:1-9).
2. We must adhere strictly to God’s Instructions, irrespective of popular opinion (Joshua 1:7-8).
3. We must make a move, in line with God’s instructions and directions, irrespective of contrary counsels (Joshau 1:9-11).
4. We must depend on God to see us through, as we journey into His promise, irrespective of the giants, or challenges we encounter on the way (Joshua 2:1-8).
5. We must renew our minds constantly with the word of God, in order to remind us of what God expects from us (Joshua 1:8-9).
1. Take a decision to give God’s Word priority in your life.
2. Take a decision to adhere strictly to instructions, by acting it.
3. Take a decision to leave your comfort zone, in line with God’s instructions.
4. Rely solely on God to bring to pass all He has promised you.
God Bless You.