But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
In the last episode, it was established that the purpose of every individual is found in God, and until that individual encounters Him, his/her purpose remains a mirage. The life of Saul was an eminent illustration to attest to this fact, as we compared his life before, and after his encounter with Jesus Christ.
In today’s edition, we will be looking at the second action that guarantees release and restoration, which is;
2. BE DETERMINED TO FOLLOW GOD
There are many people who have had various encounters with God, but somewhere along the line, they reneged on their commitment to be faithful to God, as a result of other life’s pursuit.
God is committed to bringing His words to pass, only if we are faithful enough to follow Him, by seeking first, His Kingdom and righteousness. When the Kingdom of God becomes your priority, Heaven makes you a priority.
“When the Kingdom of God becomes your priority, Heaven makes you a priority”.
This is one of the greatest keys to release and restoration that is often times ignored by the people of the world. The cares of this world have diverted the attention of many from following God, hence they seek alternative routes outside Him. The determination to walk with God, is the desire of having a solid relationship with our Father in heaven.
HOW DO WE GET DETERMINED TO FOLLOW GOD?
1. Acknowledge Him in all you do (Proverbs 3:5-6).
2. Submit to His will at all times (Romans 8:7).
3. Take a decision to adhere to all His commands and instructions (1 John 5:3).
4. Hold unto God, irrespective of the present situation.
1. Take a decision to follow God, whether its convienent or not.
2. Refuse to listen to any voice of discouragement, that tends to dampen your confidence in God.
3. Take a decison to abide with God till the end (John 15:4).
In the next episode, we would look at some examples of men and women in the Holy Bible, who followed God faithfully, and those that did not, by sighting reasons for the faithfulness, or failures.
God bless you.