“A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If then I am the Father, where is My honor? And if I am a Master, where is My reverence? Says the Lord of hosts to you priests who despise My name. Yet you say, ‘In what way have we despised Your name? You offer defiled food on My altar,But say,‘In what way have we defiled You?’By saying,‘The table of the Lord is contemptible.’
Where is My Honor, says the Lord to the priest’s who continually defiles His temple? Where is my reverence says the Lord of Hosts?
The life of a believer, is that of royalty and priesthood, by virtue of God’s mercy, through the purchase by the blood of Jesus Christ, on the cross of Calvary. The duty of a priest is to ensure that the sanctity of the temple is being preserved, for WHAT IS A PRIEST, WITHOUT A TEMPLE? WHAT IS A TEMPLE, WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF GOD?
“WHAT IS A PRIEST, WITHOUT A TEMPLE? WHAT IS A TEMPLE, WITHOUT THE PRESENCE OF GOD?”
However, here lies the big question to the priests of God (believers), ARE YOU PRESERVING THE SANCTITY OF GOD’S TEMPLE? OR ARE YOU OFFERING A DEFILED FOOD ON IT? Moreover, one might say, I am not a pastor, the temple is in our church, right there at the alter. This is not true, for the Holy Bible reveals to us that our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:19), hence the next question, HOW ARE YOU TREATING YOUR BODY?
There are many believers who continually offer defiled food on the temple of God, by engaging in several acts of immorality, because the world ok’s it. Have you no wisdom? Don’t you know that, though you may be in the world, but you are not of this world. God demands that you seprate yourselves from the world, by staying in your calling, and performing the duties of a priest, that He may abide in you, and you in Him.
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. Every believer has been purchased by the blood of Jesus Christ, hence your life does not belong to you, but God (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Titus 2:14).
2. Every believer has been called into a royal priesthood, hence separation from the world is required (1 Peter 2:9, Revelations 1:6).
3. The body of a believer is the temple of the Holy Spirit, but unfortunately, many believers have driven away the Holy Spirit through their conduct (1 Corinthians 6:19, 1 Corinthians 3:17).
4. Every temple demands worship, hence the temple of the believer (Your body) should be used to Glorify God (1 Corinthians 6:20,Romans 12:1).
5. The value of your stewardship as a priest, is determined by how diligent you are in preserving the sanctity of the temple of God (1 Corinthians 9:27, Romans 12:1).
1. Know your calling (You are a priest) .
2. Conduct yourself as a priest (Behave like Jesus Christ).
3. Perform the duties of a priest (Preserve the sanctity of your body, and glorify God with it).
4. Resist every pressure to offer a defiled food on the temple of God (Refuse to live your life in immortality).
5. Associate yourselves with priests who know their calling, and are committed to honouring God through obedience (Believers who dilligently preserve the sanctities of their bodies, through obedience to God).
6. Seperate yourself from priests who have no value or honour for the temple of God (Believers who defile their bodies with reckless abandon). Priests whose conscience have been sneared.
God bless you