“No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon”.
Who is your master? Have you looked deep into your life to ascertain who you are truly worshipping? This is a question that many do not ask themselves, hence they are illusioned to believe that God is their Master. Take a woman for instance, who values her jewelry to the extent that, it takes the place of God, or a young man in the university, who claims to be a Christian, but at thesame time, a member of a secret group, where he pledges loyalty and allegiance to unknown gods.
Moreover, it is important to note that, there are two masters, and you can only serve one at a time. It is either God, or anything else that the world provides. Whoever or whatever takes your attention away from God, has become your master. It can be your television, phone, jewelry, an association, job, friends etc.
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. God desires your undivided attention (Psalm 123:2)
2. God will not share His Glory with anyone or anything (Isaiah 42:8).
3. Anything or anyone that Lord’s over your life, leads you (Romans 8:14).
4. Whoever or whatever leads you, determines your destination and end (Jeremiah 29:11).
1. Make a decision to give God your undivided attention.
2. Place more value on the activities of the Kingdom of God, because any other thing, is vanity.
3. Dissociate yourself from anyone or anything that is taking the place of God in your life.
4. Disassociate yourself from any group or gathering, where God can never be found, because every gathering has an associated Spiritual Presence, hence the spirit that rules your gathering becomes your master. When believers gather in the name of Jesus, God is present with them, but when witches, cultists, terrorists gather, the devil is present with them. Choose your gatherings wisely.
God bless You.