Let your garments always be white,And let your head lack no oil.
The two assets that defines every true believer, is a white garment, and oil. The bible specifically described the colour of the garment, which must be white, not black, purple, or blue, but white.
White signifies purity and righteousness. The identity and beauty of every believer, lies in the adornment of a white garment. However, it is pertinent to note, that the white garment as referred to the scripture, makes reference to a spiritual state, and not a physical commodity. Job speaks in the book of Job 29:14, through the saying;
“I put on righteousness, and it clothed me;My justice was like a robe and a turban”.
Moreover, putting on a white garment, like we see many denominations do today, does not reference the true nature of the garment, as it pertains to the scriptures. A white garment can be used to cover a dustbin, that does not stop the dustbin from its stench.
“A white garment can be used to cover a dustbin, that does not stop the dustbin from its stench”.
Jesus Christ spoke to the pharisees in Luke 11:39-40, in this manner;
“Then the Lord said to him, “Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness. Foolish ones! Did not He who made the outside make the inside also?”
The second asset which defines a believer, is the oil. The bible tells us that, the human spirit is the lamp of God ( Proverbs 20:27). This scripture gives us the understanding, that the spirit of a man, is in the shape of a lamp, or has the configuration of a lamp. Every lamp needs an oil for light, hence no oil, no light, small oil, small light, moderate oil, moderate light, full oil, full light. Every believer needs oil to light his/her life, because the level of oil a believer possesses, is directly proportional to the light he/she dissipates.
Moreover, it is also wrong to ascribe this oil to the number of anointing oils you have in your home, or purchased from the church, or any vendor, for it is spiritual in nature.
“Every believer needs oil to light his/her life, because the level of oil a believer possesses, is directly proportional to the light he/she dissipates”
HOW TO ACQUIRE THE WHITE GARMENT
1. Accept Jesus Christ, as Lord and Saviour ( 1 Corinthians 1:30, Romans 10:9).
2. Confess your sins before God, and plead the blood of Jesus Christ to wash away your sins ( Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:7).
3. Take practical steps by studying the word of God, meditating on it, day and night, and also not allowing it to depart from your lips (Psalm 1:2, Psalm 77:12) .
4. Practice the word of God you have received, by being a doer, and not just a hearer of the word (John 3:21, James 1:22-23).
5. Abhor evil, and refuse to partake in the works of darkness ( 1 Thessalonians 5:22, Proverbs 4:14-15).
HOW TO ACQUIRE THE OIL
1. God is the origin of the oil, hence, to acquire the oil, is to seek God with all your heart (Jeremiah 29:13, John 8:12).
2. Obey the word of God to the letter (Psalm 119:130, Psalm 119:105).
3. Serve God with all diligence (Be Kingdom minded) – Collosians 3:23-24, Deuteronomy 13:4).
4. Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17, Mark 11:24) – Ask God to make your oil full.
5. Honor God with your substance (Proverbs 3:9, Luke 14:33).
6. Honor the servants of God (1 Timothy 5:17, 2 Kings 2:10-13).
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE WHITE GARMENT?
It is your identity. It is absolutely unnecessary to tell anyone that you are a Christian, because when they see your white garment (purity and righteousness), they will know who you are.
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE OIL?
Do you remember the parable of the ten (10) virgins? The oil will keep your lamp burning, and your light shinning, as you await the coming of the bridegroom.
1. Refuse to continue leaving a life without a white garment and oil.
2. Take practical steps as stated above, to demand a release of a white garment and oil upon your life. It is your privilege as a child of God.
3. Refuse to partake in any activity, or associate with any company, that will stain your white garment with filthiness, or cause your head to lack oil.
God bless you.