There are some believers who are of the opinion, that since we live in the New Testament Era, they have no business with reading the Old Testament or even making reference to it, let alone quoting any of its contents.
Listen my bother, and sister;
1. You might not understand what Jesus Christ did on the cross, and the power of His redemptive blood, if you have no idea on the rigours of animal sacrifices and its requirements. This is why you treat your salvation with contempt.
2. You might not understand what it means, not to be under the Law, when you have no understanding of what it is to be under the Law. That is why you are experiencing confusion.
3. You might not understand Grace, when you have no idea of the implications of the Law. This is why you abuse Grace with reckless abandon.
4. You might not understand the value, joy and ease of reading the Holy Bible through the dependence of the Holy Spirit, when you do not know how tasking it is to constantly depend on a human intermediary to explain the word of God to you. This is why a noose is required, to be hanged round your neck, to enable you read the Holy Bible.
5. You might not understand the ease of worship in the temple where the veil have been torn, when you have no idea of worshipping in the temple where the veil separates you from the Holy of Holies. This is why your name is always missing in the attendance register, during church services.
6. You might not understand how to endure affliction in the midst of scarcity and rejection, when you have not read the testimony of Job. This is why you fall out of faith whenever a small wind blows.
7. You might not understand how to escape the snares of Sanballat, Tobiah, Ahitophel, and the Absalom’s of our time, when you have not read the testimonies of Nehemiah and King David. This is why you fall into every trap of the enemy.
8. You might not understand how to stand with the house of the Lord, by building it, when there is an imminent threat and insurrection, when you have not read the testimonies of Nehemiah. This is why you throw stones against the house of God, when an opportunity presents itself.
9. You might not understand the meaning of Grace, and the selection process of God, when you have not read the testimonies of the children of Israel. This is why you desire to be like the amonites and the moabites.
10. You might not understand what it means to give quality offerings to God, when you have not read about the instructions of God, given to the children of Israel, about the qualities of an offering, that must be presented to Him. That is why, your definition of quality offerings, is the representation of the dirty and torn twenty naira (N20) notes in your pocket.
WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW, YOU CAN’T VALUE.
The Holy Bible is a complete book, and every believer must read it, cover to cover, from Genesis to Revelation, for it is written;
“ALL Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”.
God bless you all.
2 Timothy 3:16
– Awe Hilary