Create in me a clean heart, O God,And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
The desires of men, have made man to prioritize his prayers on needs and wants, but not on relationship. These days, we pray more for breakthroughs, and other related items of the world, necessary for our comfort, but how many are praying to have an unshakable relationship with God? Please do not get me wrong, prayers for breathroughs are good, but praying for a solid relationship with God, is better.
We cannot talk about relationship with God, without making reference to the heart, because it is an important architecture that determines and influences human behaviour (Proverbs 4:23). The actions of a man or woman, are traceable to the heart, because every action performed by him/her, is first conceived in the heart (Proverbs 4:23). When a man commits a premeditated murder, the actions were first conceived in his heart, when a woman commits adultery, the actions were first conceived in her heart. The state of the heart, is key to a person’s behavioral pattern, hence its conditions, should never be taken for granted.
Moreover, for relationship to be sustained, consistency is required, through the strengthening of the heart, by the spirit that quickens (The Spirit of God) – Psalm 10:17. However, praying for a clean heart alone, is not sufficient, because you need the Holy Spirit to act as a catalyst for consistent energy supply to the heart. This guarantees its vitality and ruggedity.
TWO PRAYERS EVERY BELIEVER SHOULD PRAY DAILY
1. O’ Lord, create in me a clean heart daily, in Jesus name, amen.
2. O’ Lord, fill me with the Holy Spirit, that my heart be quickened in following You, at Your own pace, in Jesus name, amen.
SIGNIFICANCE OF A CLEAN AND STEADFAST HEART
1. A clean heart, is a requisite for our relationship with God (Psalm 66:18, Mathew 5:8).
2. A clean heart, leads to a refinement in our behaviour (Proverbs 4:23, Jeremiah 17:10).
3. A clean heart, is requisite for hosting the presence of God (Mathew 5:8, James 4:8).
4. A steadfast heart, gives us the strength to hold fast to the Lord (Joshua 23:8, 1 Corinthians 15:58).
5. A steadfast heart, cannot be distracted or wearied by things of the world, because its gaze and focus, are continually in seeking the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58, Hebrews 3:14).
HOW TO RECEIVE AND MAINTAIN A CLEAN HEART
1. Give your heart to God (Proverbs 23:26).
2. Allow God to work on your heart (Ezekiel 36:26).
3. Feed your heart daily, with the word of God (Psalm 119:11).
4. Guard your hearts with all diligence, because what you permit into your heart, becomes the outcome of your actions (Proverbs 4:23).
5. Pray continually for a renewed heart (Psalm 51:10).
“What you permit into your heart, becomes the outcome of your actions”
1. Make a decision today, to have a relationship with God, through Jesus Christ.
2. Ask God to cleanse your heart from every impurity, through the blood of Jesus Christ.
3. Make up your mind to pray daily, for a renewed heart.
4. Feed your heart daily, with the word of God.
5. Resist to ponder or think about anything, that does not conform to the standards of the word of God.
God bless you.