I have restrained my feet from every evil way,That I may keep Your word. I have not departed from Your judgments,For You Yourself have taught me.
We live in a generation, where a great number of people display haughtiness, which is a prognosis of the state of their hearts. This character of pride, has led to an increase in unteachable people, as many have become too proud to be instructed by God. This has become one of the major reasons, why many are now taking a diversion from the narrow way to the broad way, because they are not instructed by God. Anyone, or anything that instructs you, becomes a compass for your direction.
Anyone, or anything that instructs you, becomes a compass for your direction.
HOW DO WE ALLOW GOD TO TEACH US?
1. BECOME LITTLE CHILDREN BEFORE GOD:
There are many adults before God, hence, instead of listening to God, they display their maturity status before Him. I know you must have experienced a scenario while growing up, where your father or mother tries to correct you, and you say to him or her, daddy, am no longer a small boy or girl, or mummy, am no longer a small boy or girl. At that point, you miss the lessons that are being communicated by your father or mother. This is the prognosis of many believers today.
However, becoming like little children, is not a function of age status, but having the right state of heart, that is humble (having the state of no reputation before God), and submissive (willingness to – learn, to be corrected, to be lead, and chastised by God).
Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it.”
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING A CHILD BEFORE GOD?
1. The Kingdom of God is for children ( Mathew 18:3, Luke 18:17).
2. The status of a child, takes away every form of hindrance in accessing the presence of God (Mathew 19:4, Mark 10:14).
3. The hierarchy of the Kingdom of God, will be occupied by children (Mathew 18:4, Luke 22:26).
EFFECTS OF BECOMING A CHILD BEFORE GOD
1. The hunger for the pure milk of the Word, for the growth in salvation (1 Peter 2:2, Hebrews 5:13).
2. The status of a child, positions us to be instructed by God (Mark 10:15, 1 Kings 3:7).
3. The status of a child, endows us with the spirit of humility, and submisiveness, which are requirements for the leading of God (2 Corinthians 6:13, Romans 8:14).
1. Take a decision to be humble, and submissive before God.
2. Pray against every spirit of pride in you.
3. Take a decision to study your bible always.
4. Take a decision to remain a child before God, irrespective of what you know about the word of God, or His Kingdom.
5. Take a decision to follow only the leading of God.
God bless you.