Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, and makes flesh his strength,Whose heart departs from the Lord.
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. He also made provisions for the sustainance of the created, to guarantee survival, hence every creature has its lifeline through God. The day for instance, is sustained by a greater light, and the night by a lesser light, which are both provisions from God (Genesis 1:3-5, 14). The beasts of the field are fed by God through His provisions within their natural habitat (Psalm 147:9), and they are given water to drink through God’s provisions of springs, which flow into the valleys (Psalm 104:10-11).
However, man is not an exception to divine provisions by God, because his origin is derived from God (Genesis 1:26-27). The lifeline of man, can only be found in God, hence no God, no life, nor divine provisions. Moreover, unlike the animals who create a total dependency on God for their provisions, many people have sought to seek alternatives outside God, which has led to a deprivation of God’s provision, hence causing starvation in many areas of their lives.
HOW DO WE RELY ON GOD?
1. You must know your source. The source of man is from God (Genesis 1:26-27).
2. You must live in your natural habitat. Your habitat is where your provision lies. The provision of the fish is in the waters, the provision of the lion is in the fields. The provision of man, is in the presence of God, and not in the world (Psalm 34:10).
3. You must create the right attitude to receive from God. The lion has an attribute of confidence and ferrociousness, that makes it take on any prey. The eagle is attributed with strength and focus, that gives it the ability to sower from the heavens, to catch its prey several kilometers beneath it. However, unlike the animals, man receives his provisions by pleasing God through faith (Mathew 21:22).
4. You must identify your provision. The lion knows its food when it sees it, same thing with the eagle, or any other animal. The food of man, is the word of God, you must recognize that. The word of God takes preeminence over any other delicacy of man, hence this prompted the speech of Jesus Christ in Mathew 4:4 (John 6:35).
5. You must identify and recognize your nature. The nature of a creature determines what it feeds on, how it acts, and its association. The lion will never taste of any animal that is not killed by it, nor will it be found in the company of dogs. The eagle does not take up preys that are several times heavier than it, neither will it be found in the company of chickens. Man is a spirit being, though clothed with the appearance of the flesh, so his feeding should be centred on spiritual delicacies (The Word of God), hence, a spirit filled man should not be found in the company of fleshly men, because it contradicts the rules of association (Romans 8:14).
BENEFITS OF RELYING ON GOD
1. Our provisions are guaranteed (John 6:35).
2. We will not suffer lack (Psalm 34:10).
3. It keeps us in our natural habitat (The presence) – Psalm 16:11.
4. It draws us closer to our source (God), and helps us to build a better relationship with Him (Psalm 145:18).
5. It imbibes in us the culture of humility, by taking away pride, which comes from the spirit of self sufficiency and accomplishment (John 15:5).
1. Make up your minds to rely on God for everything.
2. Avoid the temptation of seeking for provisions outside God.
3. Disassociate from people who lead you away from God, by seeking for provisions outside Him.
4. Discover your provisions in God, by reverencing Him in worship, praise, thanksgiving, consistent study of the word of God, prayer, fasting, and fellowship with the children of God.
God bless you.