Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness;Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
The greatest capacity that God gave to man, is the will power of choice, hence man has the ability to choose between good and evil. However, it is important to note that God does not make decisions for man, but points him in the right direction, hence leaving man with his descretional prowess, to either make the call for good or evil (Deuteronomy 30:19).
God, who is the creator of Heaven and Earth, has set defined standards on how man should live, and whenever he deviates from these standards, God terms him unfaithful.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE UNFAITHFUL
1. Those who fail to heed the call of God (2 Timothy 1:9).
2. Those who deny the existence of the word of God (1 John 2:22-23).
3. Those who circumvent the word of God to suit their selfish desires (Isaiah 5:20).
4. Those who act outside the purpose of God (Romans 8:28).
5. Those who have taken up citizenship with the world (Phillipians 3:20).
6. Those who treat their callings with reckless abandon or with levity (Exodus 35:10).
CONSEQUENCES OF UNFAITHFULNESS
1. It is an act of disobedience (1 Samuel 15:23).
2. It leads to loss of reward (Hebrews 3:18).
3. It leads to loss of value (Psalm 107:17).
4. It hinders the hand of God (Isaiah 59:2).
5. It leads to a wasted life (Mathew 3:10).
6. It is a door way to hell (Revelations 21:8).
HOW TO BECOME FAITHFUL
1. Listen and heed the voice of God (John 8:47).
2. Study the word of God to show yourself approved (2 Timothy 2:15).
3. Apply the word of God through obedience (1 Peter 1:14).
4. Stick to your assignment (2 Timothy 1:6).
5. Be in the world, but not of the world (Do not conform to the standards and dictates of the world) – Roman’s 12:2
6. Prepare yourself for the coming of Jesus Christ (Mathew 24:44).
It is however important, that we choose life, by exercising our will power to obey God, by keeping His commandments, and refraining from every appearance of evil.
God bless you.