2 Chronicles 20:20
So they rose early in the morning and went out into the Wilderness of Tekoa; and as they went out, Jehoshaphat stood and said, “Hear me, O Judah and you inhabitants of Jerusalem: Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper.”
God created man to be blessed, and in doing so, He first establishes him, and then prospered him through the proclamation of His Word. Establishment is God’s way of planting or connecting the root of a man to the source of the blessings, hence no man can be blessed without establishment.
In the beginning, God established man by creation through His Word (Genesis 1:26-27), then proceeded the blessings of God, through His Word (Genesis 1:28). Moreover, in the book of 2 Chronicles 20:20, King Jehoshaphat revealed to the children of Israel, the channel to a two fold blessing – Believe in God, and His Prophets (Having Faith in God’s Word sent by God, through them).
WHY SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?
1. God is the progenitor of establishment (Genesis 1:1, John 1:1-3).
2. God holds the seal of establishment ( 2 Corinthians 1:21, Isaiah 66:22).
3. God makes the terms and conditions for establishment ( Isaiah 1:19, 1 John 3:24).
4. God holds the Authority in the selection process of the established (John 3:16, Titus 3:5).
5. God is the righteous Judge that proclaims Judgements on the qualification or disqualification of the established (Psalm 75:7, Isaiah 33:2).
WHY SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN THE PROPHETS?
1. They are qualified by God (2 Corinthians 3:5, Acts 20:28).
2. They are sent by God to teach men, the keys to establishment (The Word of God) – 2 Timothy 2:15, 1 Corinthians 15:58
3. They are sent by God to lead men through the way of establishment ( The Word of God – Jesus Christ) – John 14:6, Acts 4:12)
4. They are given Authority to release the keys to establishment (Isaiah 22:22, Mathew 16:19).
5. They are lawyers in the court of Judgement, who intercede for the provisions of establishment upon the people (Luke 22:32, Isaiah 62:6-7).
WAYS TO BE ESTABLISHED
1. Believe in God (Acts 16:31, 2 Chronicles 20:20).
2. Believe in His Word (John 3:16, John 6:35).
3. Study His Word (2 Timothy 3:16-17, Psalm 119:11).
3. Apply His Word through Obedience (John 14:15, Acts 5:29).
4. Believe and take instructions from His prophets (Prohets in this context refers to all God ordained officers working in the light of His word, and in His vineyard) – 2 Chronicles 20:20, Hebrews 13:17).
5. Become an ambassador of God’s Kingdom, by telling the world about Him, His Kingdom, and directing them to the Way (Jesus Christ) of establishment (Mark 16:15, Mark 28:19-20)
KEYS THAT DESTROY ESTABLISHMENT
1. Non belief in God (Atheism), and despising His personality (Mathew 13:58, John 3:18).
2. Non belief, and criticism of His Word (Hebrews 3:16-19, John 8:24).
3. Flagrant disobedience of His Word (John 14:15, Luke 6:46).
4. Non belief, and criticism of the Authority of His Word (2 Timothy 3:5, Mathew 22:29).
5. Disobedience, Disrespect, and Mockery of His Servants (2 Chronicles 36:16, Mathew 27:41-42).
God bless you in this season, and you shall be established, in Jesus name, amen.