The life span of the year, 2020, is gradually phasing out to create room for the new year, 2021. I strongly believe every living soul is anticipating to welcome the new year with both hands.
However, the new year would be new for some days, or probably a month or two, before the euphoria settles into realities. The greatest secret to keeping the newness of the year, is by doing things differently from the previous year. This is the guarantee and sustainance for the new wine, and salt that preserves the taste of the year.
Moreover, it is pertinent to note, that doing things differently starts with avoiding bad habits or pitfalls that plagued us in the previous year, hence we must take cognisance of the following pitfalls which will make the new year and old one.
PITFALLS YOU MUST AVOID
1. Disobedience to the instructions of God (John 14:15, Luke 6:46).
2. Lack of commitment to the word and works of God. The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few ( Luke 10:2, 2 Corinthians 9:6).
3. False prophets, teachers, and their assemblies. They will pollute you, and draw you out of God’s divine purpose for your life ( Mathew 7:15, 1 John 4:1).
4. A company of fools. Those who lace ignorance as knowledge. Their hearts are puffed up in ignorance, unteachable, resist reproof, and looking for candidates to evangelize to hell (Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 18:7).
5. Spending so much time on social media, and watching too much television. These are time wasters, designed to deprive you from the fulfillment of your purpose on earth (Psalm 90:12, James 4:14).
6. Attacking Fathers of faith, pastors, and all office holders in the vineyard of God. You are called and commissioned to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to the world, and not to attack the servants of the God that commissioned you (Mark 16:15, Ephesians 6:1).
7. Relying solely on prophecy without an actionable and realistic plan for the year. Prophecy is good, it brings direction to our lives, but we must align ourselves with the prophecies from God, through planing that is approved of God ( Proverbs 16:3, Proverbs 15:22).
8. Speaking negatively, and an association with negative minded people (1 John 5:15, 2 Timothy 3:5).
9. Ingratitude, and an association of ungrateful individuals (Proverbs 17:13, Collosians 3:17).
10. Unforgivenes, strife, anger, fornication, adultery, witchcraft, backbiting, murder, convertiousness, secret cults, occultism, terrorism, kidnapping, idolatry, corruption, stealing, telling of lies. Those who practice these, will never enter the Kingdom of God. These acts are abominable to God (Galatians 5:19-21, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
11. Taking God for granted, by thinking that your tithes and offerings is a lifeline for God, and His Church. You are privileged to give, for no man can help or assist God (Ephesians 3:20, 2 Corinthians 9:8).
12. People anointed by the devil for the ministry of discouragement. They will pull you out of your dreams, and mock you when you fail (Jeremiah 29:11, Joshua 1:9).
13. Progenitors of myths and endless genologies which promote speculations, rather than the stewardship from God that is by faith ( 1 Timothy 1:4, 1 Timothy 4:7).
14. Messages that instill fear into you, rather than the boldness of God. These messages will make you abandon your purpose, by making the devil your plan (2 Timothy 1:7,Isaiah 41:10).
15. Multitude of words, and a company of talkatives. They will make you talk away your future by wasting your valuable time (Proverbs 10:19, Ecclesiastes 6:11).
16. Movies, discussions, or gatherings that do not edify. They will pollute your spirit, by making you and embodiment of filthiness. Remember the eye is the light of the body, for what you see, is what you become, and faith cometh by hearing (1 Peter 2:2, Ephesians 4:15-16).
17. Procastination, procastinators, and its fertilizers. Remember, you dont have all the time in the world. Your life has been timed by God for His purpose, hence you must maximize that time to actualize the fulfillment of your assignment (Proverbs 13:4, Ephesians 5:15-17).
18. Loss of hope and optimism which leads to suicide. When you commit suicide, you have not solved the problem, but have worsened it, because you will spend your eternity in hell with the devil, for he will commit alot of suicidal acts with your soul (Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 12:12).
19. Trusting in men, and not God. Men will fail you, but God is faithful (Psalm 118:8, Jeremiah 17:5-6).
20. Allowing the happenings of the world, to be the reason for your inaction. If you wait for the world in the year, 2021 to be perfect, you might wait for eternity. Do not focus on covid-19, it’s a distraction, focus on your goals, and your strategy for execution (Proverbs 26:13, Luke 1:37).
However, the year 2021 is filled with endless possibilities, but only those who live by faith, who are led by the spirit of God, committed to the revelation and actualization of God’s purpose for their lives, in application to their plans and aspirations, would eat the good fruits of the year.
God bless you.
– Awe Hilary