And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: “Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king’s palace any more than all the other Jews.
God is the lifter of men, for promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south, for God is the Judge. He puts down one, and exalts the other (Psalm 75:6-7). Promotion is a privilege, and an avenue for God to drive His plans and agenda through the lifted.
In recent times, we have seen privileged believers, especially in Nigeria, abandoning the plan of God, and the people of God for their selfish agendas. The Lord is saying to these set of believers, DO YOU THINK YOUR POSITION WILL PROTECT YOU, WHEN MY WRATH COMES? WILL YOU ESCAPE MY JUDGEMENT?
Moreover, it is important to note that we are created to serve the purpose of God Almighty in our various positions and capacity, for we are called out for this purpose (2 Timothy 1:9).
Queen Esther is our role model in today’s word, because of the leadership role she played in averting the plot to destroy the Jews (Esther 3:6). The queen displayed every sense of responsibility and commitment through her conduct, in ensuring the safety of her people, by seeking God, and encouraging her people to do same ( Esther 4:15-16).
However, it is important for every believer reading this post, to take cognisance of the following points as listed below;
THE REASONS FOR LIFTINGS BY GOD
1. The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness (Psalm 24:1).
2. God instituted the Govermental Systems of the world, and He wants men and women of good conduct to fill these positions (Romans 13:1-5, Deuteronomy 16:18).
3. God wants to use these Govermental Systems to bring Justice to the world ( 1 Peter 2:13-15, Deuteronomy 16:19-20).
4. The residence of ungodly men and women in any System of Government, leads to the deviation of God’s instruction for that Nation, hence disobedience abounds both in leadership and followership (Proverbs 11:14, Psalm 119:136).
5. God wants you in leadership positions, that you may become the minister of God, in guiding and leading the Nations to God, executing judgement against the wicked, and praising those who conduct themselves in an acceptable manner (Romans 13:4, 1 Peter 2:13 -14).
6. The blessings of God upon a Nation, is tied to its leadership in all spheres (1 Timothy 2:1-2, Deuteronomy 16:18-20).
7. God wants you in leadership positions, because He wants you to protect the interests of His people, and ensure the safety of their lives and properties (Esther 7:3-6, 2 Chronicles 14:11).
Moreover, as believers, we must not not follow the multitude to commit evil (Exodus 23:2), hence we must eschew all forms of corruption, injustice, corvertiouness, and other vices that have plagued various leadership positions in our country.
God bless you