The Blessed State of the RighteousPraise the Lord!Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,Who delights greatly in His commandments.
The blessedness of God is experienced by a man or woman who fears the Lord. The fear of the Lord is an act of submission, and absolute reverence for God and His ways, hence it is regarded as the starting point or beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10).
A man or woman who fears the Lord, is one who have submitted to be tutored by God (Psalm 86:11, Proverbs 2:1-2), and through this continuous learning process of the wise sayings of God, his/her heart becomes illuminated with the light of understanding (Psalm 111:10, Job 28:28).
FACTS ABOUT THE FEAR OF THE LORD
1. The fear of the Lord is not a one time affair, but a state of continuous submission to God and His commandments (Ecclesiastes 12:13, Psalm 33:8, Proverbs 14:27).
2. A man or woman who has no fear of the Lord, cannot be tutored by God (Proverbs 8:13, Psalm 86:11, Proverbs 3:7).
3. The fear of the Lord is an admission to the school of wisdom, that all who participate and practice, will graduate with the certificate of understanding (Psalm 111:10, Job 28:28, Proverb 9:10).
4. The fear of the Lord is a clear distinction and demarcation between wisdom and foolishness ( Proverbs 1:7, Proverbs 3:7, Proverbs 28:14).
HOW DOES THE FEAR OF THE LORD LINK WITH THE BLESSEDNESS OF GOD?
1. The blessedness of God is a product of the availability and obedience to divine instruction. You cannot be instructed by God, if you have no fear of Him, hence obedience becomes immaterial (Proverbs 1:7, Psalm 25:14, Proverbs 3:7).
2. The fear of the Lord is an introduction to the school of wisdom, where God tutors men and women on how to maintain His covenants, which are prerequisites for receiving the blessings of God ( 2 Corinthians 7:1, Proverbs 22:4, Acts 9:31, Psalm 145:19, Psalm 34:9).
3. The fear of the Lord brings men and women in contact with God. Blessedness is not a function of materialism, but an indwelling of the presence of God. A blessed man or woman, is one who is in unity with God (Psalm 25:14, Psalm 112:1, Luke 1:50).
4. The fear of the Lord is a platform for mortals to access the realities of immortality (Proverbs 14:27, Proverbs 10:27, Isaiah 33:6, Luke 12:32).
The fear of the Lord is the only prescribed way for living, as instructed by God, to bring men and women in alignment with His personality, covenants, promises, and blessings. However, as you go about your legitimate duties, please ensure to carryout every activity in the fear of the Lord.
God bless you.