Today, being the 25th of December, is a day that have been set aside annually, to commemorate and celebrate the birth of JESUS CHRIST, and not His birth date. The move is an orchestration from God, like the days of old, when He ordained feasts, for the children of Israel to celebrate His name, and to always call them into remembrance of His great works.
The celebration of the birth of JESUS CHRIST, is of great significance not just for believers, but the world at large, because it calls men and women to remembrance of the salvinic work of JESUS CHRIST on the cross.
However, it is totally wrong, and out of place for any believer to contest or debate the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, because that will be tantamount to denying the existence of Jesus Christ, or the price He paid on the cross for the restoration of mankind back to God.
Moreover, it is important that we note some facts about the birth of JESUS CHRIST;
1. The WORD (JESUS CHRIST) existed before the beginning of the world ( John 1:1, Luke 20:41-44).
2. Jesus Christ (THE WORD) is the only one, dead or alive, that was not conceived through sexual intercourse, but by the HOLY SPIRIT (Mathew 1:18, Luke 1:35).
3. His personality was not changed by virtue of His birth, for He took a human form, for the purpose of His assignment ( John 1:14, Galatians 4:4).
4. HE is the WORD OF GOD, and HIS conception came by THE WORD OF GOD ( Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:38).
5. HIS name, JESUS CHRIST, was crafted by GOD, for the purpose of His Son’s earthly assignment ( Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:35).
6. The Birth of JESUS CHRIST came with these signs, PROPHECY, THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, HIS STAR, KINGSHIP, WORSHIP, DIRECTION, APPRECIATION, PROTECTION AND SALVATION ( Isaiah 7:14, Mathew 1:18, Mathew 2:2, Mathew 2:9, Mathew 2:11-12, Acts 4:12).
7. The birth of JESUS CHRIST, is an expression of LOVE from God to mankind, and the gift of SALVATION to ALL ( Ephesians 2:8-9, 2Corinthians 5:21, Acts 4:12).
However, the essence of Christmas is not to celebrate like pagans, but to act as STARS leading men and women to JESUS CHRIST.
Dont be a hater like King Herod, LET US ALL CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF THE JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.
CAN YOU SHOUT HALLELUJAH!!!
WE CELEBRATE JESUS CHRIST, FOR HE IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE.
– Awe Hilary