From the above verses of scripture, there are 10 things that happened to the donkey that Christ rode on.
Every visioner should consider the following very well. If you dodge the process, you can’t become the product. For the purpose of this writeup, you should see the donkey as a human being in leadership position.
1. YOU MUST WAIT TO RECEIVE THE CALL INTO MINISTRY:
The donkey did not call Jesus, it was Jesus who sent for the donkey. Wait until you are sent ,so as not to be stranded in the Journey.
2. THE DONKEY STARTED FROM WHERE HE WAS: Your calling may start from the village and later grow into cities and nations.
Most men did not start in their current location. Your location is not your decision but your discovery. You don’t chose where you want to stay as a visioner. The God who gave the vision decides that.
3. THE DONKEY WAS NOT AFRAID TO STAND ALONE AND START ALONE:
The closest people to you may not believe in your vision, you must believe in your vision yourself. Did you see any donkey followed that one?
4. IT WAS ONLY TWO PEOPLE GOD SENT TO THE DONKEY:
Don’t be ashamed of your “two”. What you do with your two determines your future in Ministry. Every pastor loves crowd. But we are sent to raise disciples not to gather mixed multitude. Crowd is good, but disciples are better. The wind that will blow away 5000 people can’t affect 11 good disciples.
5. THE DONKEY WAS HEAVILY RESISTED BY THE ENEMY OF HIS VISION:
Some men must rise to resist you. Opposition is a proof that your vision Is from God.
If your dream has no enemy, you should go and dream again. Anywhere there is Eminence, there must be enemy.
6. THE DONKEY CARRIED THE VISIBLE PRESENCE OF JESUS: By all means, you should carry God’s presence, if your vision must be fullfiled. Let nothing take God away from you. This work that looks as though, God is not with you, a time will come people will come to you to look for God, because the PRESENCE has become so REAL and visible on your assignment.
7. THE DONKEY THAT WAS ONCE RESISTED WAS ACCEPTED BY ALL BECAUSE OF THE RESULTS THEY SAW ON THE DONKEY: Sometimes even those who resisted you at the beginning will have no choice but to change their minds at this point. ” WHEN PEOPLE SEE RESULT THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR RESOLVE”
8. MULTITUDES BEGAN TO FOLLOW THE DONKEY: Once upon a time, it was just two disciples, now multitudes of men were following, singing and cellebrating the donkey. “YOUR ERRAND DETERMINES YOUR ERA”
9. THE DONKEY MUST DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAINTAIN THE PRESENCE OF JESUS:
If he leaves, you are finished. If we are disturbed when the presence of God leaves us the same way we are disturbed when members leave, we would have ushered in the greatest REVIVAL. NOBODY TALKED ABOUT THAT DONKEY AFTER JESUS CAME DOWN. HE BECAME LIKE ANY OTHER DONKEY.
10. THE DONKEY MUST BE TOLD, HE WILL NOT ALWAYS BE PHYSICALLY STRONG TO CARRY ON WITH MINISTRY DUTIES. THERE MUST BE A SUCCESSOR:
No matter how sweet your dancing step is, you will one day not be strong enough to dance. A success without a successor is a failure in disguise.
If you SLEEP now and not WAKE UP, will your TEAM MEMBERS KNOW the NEW TEAM LEADER?
Thanks for Reading.
Warri, Delta State.
Bishop Irabor Wisdom
Courtesy: Church Gist