ANCHOR SCRIPTURE(S): PSALM 30:5
SERVICE OBJECTIVE(S): Understanding those forces that steal our joy
We live in a world today where joy has become a scarce commodity
We live in a world today that is very demanding and challenging of peace and joy; we live in a crisis-loaded world
FROM WHERE CAN JOY COME UNDER ATTACK?
1. From enemy forces of darkness and wickedness (Ps. 30:5; Rev. 12:12; Ps. 6:6-7)
2. From human agents of wickedness and destruction (Esth. 7:6; Ex. 2:23-24)
There are human beings that make people smile and there are human beings that make people to groan
There are leaders without position and there are people in position without leadership capacity
but very soon there shall be an exchange
3. From personal actions or inactions (Ps. 51:12; Isa. 48:22)
WISDOM TO EMPLOY TO HANDLE JOY ATTACK:
1. Connect with God and make Him alone the Source of your joy (Phil. 4:4; Isa. 61:10)
2. Resist every attempt of the enemy to steal or destroy your joy by the Word of God and by the power of the Spirit (Jam. 4:7; 1Pet. 5:8-9)
3. Refuse to allow the activities of wicked people to control your joy. (Acts 16:25-26; Gen. 40:7)
Anything the devil wants you to do, do the opposite. Don’t let the devil catch your tears or catch your sweat.
4. Avoid actions that attack your joy and embrace actions that fuel your joy (Ps. 32:11)
THIEVES OF JOY TO AVOID:
1. The lack of clear visions and goals for life (Matt. 6:22-23; Hab. 2:2)
1a. Visions and goals bring brightness and sunshine to life
The absence of clear visions and goals bring darkness to life
When you leave life to chance occurrence it is not possible to be happy
1b. Life becomes a burden where it lacks a bearing
As simple as writing down your activities for the day can move your life to the next level
2. The lack of personal development (Prov. 4:18-19; John 5:35)
2a. Personal development is key to personal fulfilment
There is nothing as disastrous as the feeling of being left behind
You may have stopped schooling but never stop learning
If you cannot fly run, if you cannot run walk, if you cannot walk crawl but by all means keep on moving – Isaac Newton
It is never too late to be right; it is never too late to do the right thing
2b. There is a connection between accomplishment and excitement; results make people rejoice. To feel left behind is to feel lack of joy.
3. Focus on what is lacking or what is not working (Hab. 3:17-18)
3a. To focus on what you don’t have or what is not working is to kill the joy you have.
No matter how bad it is, there is something working.
What you focus on multiplies
Begin to look at what you have and appreciate God for them, and what you don’t have will be taken care of by God
3b. Where you look determines how you fare; to look up to God is to feel up in life, and to look down in life is to feel down (Ps. 34:5)
When you appreciate God for what is working in your life, you are reminding Him of what is not yet working
4. Focus on self (Luke 6:38)
4a. A life focused on self is a life settled for misery, both in this life and in the life to come. (Luke 6:38)
Look beyond yourself, it will make joy explode in your heart
4b. Multiplication happens by distribution; when you distribute joy, you multiply your joy (John 6:11-12)
When it is in your heart to do God will put it in your hands to do
1. Avoid every level of congested or over-busy schedule that disconnects you from God (Ps. 16:11)
2. Avoid every action or inaction that disconnects you from the joy of the Lord (Ps. 51:12)
Father, thank You for Your Word to us today. To You be all the glory Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, I thank You today because nothing shall steal my joy. I reject every pressure from hell to steal my joy. Every demon of depression, you have no place in my life. GO!
Father, in this season, we make demands on peace in Nigeria by all means and at all cost. Father,
give us peace, in Jesus’ Name. (2Thess. 3:16)
Father, we ask for mercy and intervention, in Jesus’ Name.
Father, we resist every force of depression, every pressure and every chain of frustration; we arrest the demons of frustration and depression in our land NOW!