I’m not against giving ‘hope’ to people, what we must not do is to give false hope to anyone…what is happening is unprecedented and will require unprecedented measures and not our usual ‘prayer and prophecy’ default settings .
We must listen to what the Spirit is saying!
As He cannot just show us what is to come without giving us strategies for what is to come!
And when He is convicting the world of Judgment,it is always because the prince of this world is judged,He doesn’t pass the judgement around.
I believe the Spirit is giving us unprecedented strategies as this is the first time as a generation we are experiencing a “ground zero”
That said, please consider the following scriptures.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am there in the midst of them
1. The requirement of two or 3, pls note that you can’t gather ‘alone’ except in self-isolation,gathering is a fellowship of 2 or 3 with the Lord!
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my Spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ
2. You can gather without physical presence…Apostle Paul did…along with his spirit, this is scriptural.we gather in the name of the Lord and with the power of the Lord.so when you are not physically present you gather along with yiur spirit,it is a serious thing,your spirir mus be involved here especially online or in the house,it is not a social gathering!
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, AS IS THE MANNER OF SOME, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the DAY approaching.
3. Forsaking the assembling of ourselves is not a new phenomenon.solid believers don’t fall for this except in self isolation.we have a responsibility to one another to exhort one another.pls make use of the various social media handles, WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook etc. to exhort someone as we see the day approaching.pls reach out while maintaining the necessary social distancing…
4.there are 4 church settings today, the first 3 are not new, the last is tech-driven.
A. church in the house
B. Church in the congregation
C. Church in the city
D. Church in the cloud(online church)
5. The covid-19 virus restrictions can affect B and C, which is now the case in globally. Nevertheless, And D is still viable today and if D is taken,A will still be a viable option.
6.in any of the above church settings what is essential is “gathering together” .
“gathering together” is an exercise of the will involving your spirit, soul and possibly body,
what corona restrictions have taken away is the gathering bodily, the other two forms must be intact.
7.As we gather in the house and in the cloud-like… we must be formal, prepare, participate and be focused. It must literarily be a gathering! A serious one at that!
That is not the time to watch tv,to gist while streaming online…whether we are two or three or you are alone be devoted and committed to the service in the house and online…formalize things,Remember the Lord is there!
8 .be conscious that as we gather we gather in the name of the Lord Jesus, so his Lordship must override all other commitments, be conscious of the fact that once we gather HE is there in our midst! we gather in His name and His power for serious stuff,there are assignments,there are agenda,there are executions and mandates,prayers and enforcements.
9. for example on Sunday if your meeting is in the house or in the cloud and is slated for 9am, be conscious of the timing, honour the Lord who is gathering with us, acknowledge his presence, that is not the time for chores, be ready to fulfil your covenant obligations and commitments to your local church , do things formally at home or in the cloud like being physically present in ” church”
10. Just like we know that Church is not a building but meets in a building, in the same light Facebook or twitter are just platforms on which we gather!….church is the gathering and must be accorded the same consciousness online and offline…social media and buildings are platforms in/on which we gather, but the gathering is the church, and wherever it happens, the Lord is in the midst of us…
11 The scripture admonished us not to forsake the assembling of ourselves as the manner of some is….this is dangerous and has got nothing with Coronavirus, forsaking the gathering or assembling is unscriptural for as long as you have data you can still gather and for as long as you have one or two other believers around in the house gathering can happen…please don’t “gather” alone except in isolation…
Remember coronavirus restrictions has not stopped our gathering, it has only modified the way we gather, just a temporary adjustment.
12. There is something gathering does to us that we cannot get if we don’t gather except we dont have options like john,even at the Isle of Patmos,He was in the spirit on the Lord’s day…he was ready for service and them gbam!
There was church in the cloud!
Where the body is,there the eagles will gather!
Whether for sunday service or thursday service
Let us gather! Offline 2 or three,online everywhere!
Like Paul to Timothy
….”i write so that you may know how you ought to CONDUCT YOURSELF in the HOUSE OF GOD which is the CHURCH OF THE LIVING GOD
THE PILLAR AND GROUND OF TRUTH.
Church and Kingdom everywhere!
The Day is approaching!
Courtesy: Dele Makinde’s Facebook page