”Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth” ~Psalm 46:10 (KJV).
The above scripture is an assurance by God to those who will listen to Him in every situation, and take His instruction, by being still, thereby allowing God to take control of the situation.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE STILL?
1. To wait patiently on the Lord – PSALM 37:7
2. To be careful for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, letting your request known to God – PHILIPPIANS 4:6
WHY DOES GOD WANT US TO BE STILL?
1. HE WANTS US TO EXPERIENCE HIS PEACE –
The peace of the Lord surpasses all understanding, which controls the way we think or better still guard our hearts and minds.
”And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” – PHILIPPIANS 4:7 (KJV).
This is to say that, the peace of God makes us better focussed and strategic whenever we are faced with any challenge or situation.
In the book of Exodus 14:10, the Holy Bible tells us that the children of Israel were sore afraid when they lifted up their eyes to behold the Egyptians, hence there was a barrage of complaints against moses by the Israelites. This momentarily stopped them from moving forward, while their enemies were closing in the gap on them.
But, in the book of Exodus 14:13, Moses said
” And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more for ever”
It is however important for us to be calm in every situation, meditating on the assurance given to us by God in PSALM 46:10, to deliver us from every situation or to give us the desired result.
Fear, complaints, grumblings, murmurings are major setbacks that will keep us from moving forward.
Let us dwell in the peace of God, because its higher than all understanding, and it will keep us flying above every situation.
1. Any power attacking the peace of God in my life, be put to shame in Jesus name, amen.
2. Every Egyptian troubling my destiny, I shall see you no more in Jesus name, amen.
3. I welcome the peace of God into my life in Jesus name, amen.
…..TO BE CONTINUED